VSECU – named, by Vermont Business Magazine, as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont in 2017, 2018 and 2019 – is a credit union dedicated to improving the quality of life of all Vermonters.
Our vision is to inspire a movement that brings people together to empower the possibilities for greater financial, environmental and social prosperity. To excel at that, we need a thorough, driving Branch Lead that can manage multiple priorities and take responsibility for assuring VSECU policies and procedures are followed correctly.
If our vision makes you smile, inspires you and makes you feel like you could move mountains; we encourage you to consider joining our team!
SNAPSHOT OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for daily operations of the branch including opening and closing, scheduling, staff communications and oversight of all workflow processes.
- Perform member service duties including, but not limited to, teller transactions, open and service member deposit accounts, originate consumer and home equity loans, authorize or override transactions to make corrections, and other activities to assist members and staff.
- Act as the key contact for real-time support, problem resolution, handling challenging members and difficult situations and support staff.
- Ensure prompt, accurate, helpful and courteous service for members; maintain good relationships with existing members and foster new member relationships.
- Monitor, mentor and encourage member service skills among staff members.
- Assist the Regional Branch Manager with assignment and review of work, prepare or revise procedures, assist with training new and existing staff.
- Manage vault funds, purchasing and selling activities to maintain appropriate amounts of funds for estimated levels of business.
- Participate in special projects and assignments related to member relations, branch initiatives and other VSECU activities including participating in regional or community activities and events on behalf of VSECU.
- Self-awareness to proactively seek and identify ways to assist others and to coach, motivate and interact with team staff.
- Establish and set a strong example to model appropriate appearance, behavior, values and expectations for staff.
- Must be able to handle all transactions and responsibilities including cross-selling products and services.
- Take initiative to identify, recommend and implement opportunities for increased efficiencies.
- Highly organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to deal with complex and difficult issues.
- Work extra time, when required, to oversee branch services, resolve problems and deal with issues requiring efforts beyond normal business hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate degree in business management is preferred or a comparable combination of relevant education and a minimum of five years’ experience working in a financial institution with management or leadership oversight.
- Full understanding of all branch functions including knowledge of topics related to VSECU products, services, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in originating and account opening of the breadth of financial products and services offered by VSECU, including all digital and online member services.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft products and ability to prepare reports and spreadsheets.
VSECU’s normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, a strong retirement package with matching 401K contributions, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and paid volunteer time.
VSECU is an EOE.