Scope of Position
The Barback is responsible for completing the opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and bar areas. He/she also interacts with the guests in a polite, courteous and hospitable manner to ensure all guests have a luxury experience.
- Professional demeanor appropriate for a luxury environment.
- Basic computer knowledge (Micros or other Point of Sale systems).
- Previous food and beverage experience in a luxury hotel environment is a plus.
- Must be of minimum legal age to serve alcohol according to state law.
- TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) certificate required.
- Possess outstanding guest services skills.
- Knowledge of food and wine is an asset.
- Stock the bar and all bar storage areas with all-necessary products and materials for service. Including but not limited to wine, liquor, beer, soda, water, juice, fruit, ice, silverware, lines, glassware, and paper supplies.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar and assist bartenders and management on a daily basis. Assist in the daily, weekly and monthly inventory as directed by management.
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g. TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures)
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, restocking items, and completing daily checklist.
- Assist the department and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by management.
- High school diploma or GED.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate in the English language. Second language is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform proper chemical handling, cleaning techniques and use of equipment/machinery.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends and able to perform multiple tasks.
- On a continuous basis, sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Intermittently twist to reach equipment or supplies.
- Use telephone and computer keyboard on a daily basis.
- Must be physically fit in order to stand, walk, bend, lift up, push or pull to 100lbs.