Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Performs a variety of accounting transactions and/or financial support functions associated with the purchasing, receiving and shipping of commodities. These include functions such as compiling, sorting, and preparing documents and reports, issuing bills and invoices, calculating and verifying debit and credit amounts, and posting transactions to appropriate accounts. Ensure the appropriate filing and maintenance of accounting records, input data into financial systems and ensure reconciliation of reports. Create and produce reports and assist accountants on special projects as necessary. May be assigned to a specific group such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, and/or collections.
- Coordinate and communicate with commercial team and customers to efficiently record and apply truck/barge/rail shipments to the appropriate contract
- Prepare and assemble necessary documents for settlement/invoicing, create tickets, apply to contracts and settle/invoice truck/barge/rail customers and vendors.
- Perform daily controls required for balancing and ensuring proper general ledger postings, prepare miscellaneous journal entries and conduct month end bushel balancing
- Manage dispute management cases and work with the customer to resolve the differences in a timely fashion, ensure reconciliation of recorded purchase and sales transactions for interoffice partners
- Interact with customers and purchase grain as needed/directed.
- Perform other duties needed to meet the shifting priorities of the department
- High School Diploma and 0-2 years’ experience.
- Proficient with basic computer software with an emphasis on spreadsheets (Email, Excel, Microsoft Word, and other technical software packages is preferred)
- Basic understanding of policies and procedures
- Detail-oriented and high attention to accuracy
- Flexibility to work overtime based on business demands
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled