Whether you are looking for supplemental income, experience, a flexible schedule, or a “foot in the door” to a State career, this opportunity can help you achieve that goal.
Our Consolidated Maintenance and Operations unit located at Rainier School Habilitation Center in Buckley is looking for a temporary experienced Boiler Operator (Stationary Engineer 2) to work on-call.
Shifts can be days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Some of what you will do
- Assure the overall safe efficient operation and maintenance of a high-pressure steam-plant, consisting of 2 high-pressure steam boilers.
- Observe, monitor, replace and repair gauges, valves, metering pumps, boilers, electronic controls and safety equipment to ensure proper and continuous overall operation of two steam-generating boilers fired with natural gas or #2 Diesel backup fuel.
- Operate and maintain feed-water pumps, condensate pumps, deaerators, air compressors, fuel oil pumps, chemical treatment pumps, pneumatic and hand tools, and monitor the emergency generator.
- Troubleshoot and make major and minor adjustments to boiler and HVAC equipment.
- Work with schematics, drawings, sketches and operating manuals for proper operation and upgrade of plant equipment.
- Test and chemically treat/clean boiler water, condensate, and lube mechanical room equipment.
- Determine from test results the required blow-down of boilers. Perform blow-down operation on equipment as needed, to ensure safe operational status.
We’re looking for those with
Three years of experience in the operation, maintenance and/or repair of stationary or marine high-pressure boilers and heating systems.
A certificate of completion of an advanced Stationary Engineer course from an accredited vocational/technical school or community college AND two years of experience in the operation, maintenance and/or repair of stationary or marine high-pressure boilers and heating systems.
One year of State service as a Stationary Engineer 1.
- Ability to work from ladders or other elevated platforms to perform repairs in high ambient temperatures
- Ability to use personal computers, including Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to work in an environment with people we serve who have limited sensory and physical abilities, treating them with dignity at all times, and to work with fellow staff members with cultural sensitivity and respect.
- Ability to respond to facility maintenance issues and other after-hour emergent issues as needed.
Interested? Click Apply Now to attach and send your resume.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $24.43 to $27.64 /hour
- Boiler Operator: 2 years (Preferred)