What you’ll be doing…
The Corporate Systems Group (CSG) has an opening for a Blockchain Architect responsible for strategy and implementation of transformational solutions using the Blockchain platform. The Blockchain Architect will be responsible for the architecture and implementation of solutions for critical systems using open source stack. This position is a hands-on, self-directed design and development of highly scalable, reliable, and performance efficient applications to consume, integrate complex data using AWS and open-source platforms/tools. The successful candidate should have a thorough knowledge and hands-on experience in all levels of Software Development Life Cycle – Agile methodologies.
- Contribute to Architecture, Design, and Implementation of a Blockchain environment including but not limited to the consensus layer, distributed ledger, and smart contracts layer.
- Implement DevSecOps practices such as Security first, infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
- Design of Cloud environments with a focus on AWS and demonstrate Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development Cloud Infrastructures running in 24×7 environments.
- Configure and maintain application servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security. Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Document end user requirements, evaluating business process implications, and create technical documentation including functional and technical designs, and define business and application migration rules.
- Act as a liaison between IT and business community to develop business and system requirements based on input gathered from a variety of sources including analysis and feedback from end user, subject matter experts, and architects.
- Analyze complex business requirements and translate requirements into application designs and data model solutions that best represent and serve the business and data requirements and meet system and reporting needs.
- Continuously develop and enhance understanding of existing data infrastructure and source systems as well as new technologies, tools, and methods for data analysis.
- Perform software quality assurance checks, which includes testing and validating the solutions deliver on requirements. Translate requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for system and user acceptance testing.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- AWS certified Cloud Developer.
- Four or more years of experience using Cloud and open source technologies.
- Experience in development on one of the Blockchain platforms like Hyperledger, Ethereum, R3 Corda, Quorum and experience in development of applications using distributed applications framework like Truffle, Fabric etc.
- Experience with designing and building applications using AWS services.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- AWS certified Cloud Architect.
- Experience with containerization and Orchestration using docker & Kubernetes.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database servers, JSON schemas and related technologies (Postgres, Mysql, MongoDB, CouchDB or others).
- Experience in all aspects of Security including data at rest/motion, SPI, PCI and Identity Management.
- Experience with methodologies for software development and delivery, like Agile, SCRUM and similar software test suites.
- Knowledge of general software architecture & software design concepts and experience of applying them in the development of enterprise level software products.
- Experience with enterprise and large scale deployment.
- Experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated use of design patterns.
- Experience with unit and functional tests, using test driven development.
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability.
- Knowledge and experience in developing applications using Java/GoLang & Spring framework.
- Strong working experience with building Microservices and best practices related to their implementation.
- Experience with billing systems, billing data, revenue systems, and/or revenue assurance/reporting.
- Development Experience in UI / UX.
- Knowledge of financial application systems.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.