Work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment as a scientific or technical advisor in biomedical sciences in support of a DoD agency. Leverage a breadth of expertise to assess technologies across a broad range of applications and work with world-class scientists to drive research efforts forward for the development of atmospheric water extraction technologies using novel sorbents, the development of antiviral countermeasures using therapeutic interfering particles, and the development of antibiotic countermeasures using protein degradation strategies to improve readiness of our warfighters. Provide strategic assessments of new technologies to support the organization's goals, create technical reports, present findings, track technological progress, develop technology program plans, and perform other related tasks required by the client. Assist with technical program management, program development, and briefing materials for government R&D efforts and deliver high-quality work products to support projects. Offer solutions and new ideas and identify opportunities to grow an existing business or support firm-wide initiatives. Interact regularly with clients and present work products to clients. Prioritize deliverables and work independently with little guidance. This position is located in Arlington, VA.
- 5+ years of experience with research in chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, molecular biology, virology, or chemical biology, including time as a graduate student
- 5+ years of experience with authoring technical papers, reports, or program plans for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with conducting research in the fields of chemistry, biopolymers, advanced materials, biomaterials, scarce resource harvesting, infectious disease, and chemical biology
- Ability to display multiple first-author contributions to peer-reviewed papers or patents
- Ability to explain and present complex scientific concepts to a broad audience
- Ability to commute to Arlington, VA
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- PhD degree
- 2+ years of experience with postdoctoral academic or industrial research
- Experience in communicating with DoD or other government personnel
- Experience with biopolymer characterization, formulation, design, and development for stabilization of biologics or vaccine development
- Experience with nanotechnology and nanomaterials, as applied to biotechnology
- Experience with virology and viral transmission research
- Experience with clinical trials, pre-clinical trials, and animal models for infectious disease
- Experience with exploring and critically evaluating scientific literature for emerging biotechnology
- Experience with science and technology policy
- Experience with chemistry, materials science, infectious disease, antibiotic development, medicinal chemistry, drug development, protein degradation biochemistry, or chemical biology
- Ability to understand basic and applied biotechnology research, and apply this research to DoD capability gaps
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills, including scientific writing
- Active Secret clearance
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Materials Science, Virology, Molecular Biology, Chemical Biology Research, or related field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.