The Department of Neurosurgery is currently accepting applications to fill the position of Biological Scientist IV in Dr. Trans’s Laboratory. This position is housed in the Neuro-oncology Division. Under the direction of the Principle Investigator, the Biological Scientist will be responsible for:
Performing and overseeing research projects in the Neuro-oncology Laboratory and performing essential analyses of data and findings for publication and presentation at scientific meetings. Design, direct and execute multi-faceted studies with large cohorts.
Under the direction of the PI, responsible for overseeing the entire laboratory setting to promote smooth operations and regulatory compliance. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and maintaining IACUC documents to ensure compliance with institutional, state and federal governing bodies.
- Monitors various active research projects to ensure research is on schedule and in compliance with the research plans.
- Ensures specimens are handled and stored correctly.
- Ensures quality control by routinely conducting intra-laboratory review of both internal and federal policies and procedures so that trainees remain compliant and abreast of up-to-date guidelines.
- Responsible for supervising and training of lab personnel on specialized rodent surgical and molecular techniques. These duties require extensive work with mouse colonies and performing surgical procedures on mice.
- Recommends and implements operating policies and procedures for the Neuro-oncology Laboratory.
- Develops methods and techniques for, and evaluates results of, experiments and studies.
- Assesses research funding opportunities for faculty across all potential funding agencies, federal and private.
- Collaborates with faculty member(s) in drafting proposals. Conducts literature searches and data analysis (as needed).
Prepares and monitors the operating budget for the laboratory and specific research projects. Responsible for obtaining quotes for needed equipment and supplies; initiate the purchasing process.
Other duties as assigned
To learn about Dr. Tran’s research and laboratory, please go here: https://neurosurgery.ufl.edu/faculty-staff/our-faculty/tran-patient-bio/.