We are looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist who will partner with the CEO and founding Scientific Expert to lead cutting-edge analyses of next-generation DNA/RNA sequencing data from tumor samples. In this role, you will work with key opinion leaders and collaborators to establish the foundation for the importance of genomic heterogeneity in individualizing cancer treatment.
Prior experience in genomic data analysis, including familiarity with datasets from The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) or other large-scale cancer sequencing projects, will be important background for your work at Medley Genomics. You will be intimately involved in a variety of roles within the company. These will include using novel, proprietary approaches to analyze cancer datasets from collaborators; optimizing and enhancing the performance of existing software; and development of new algorithms to advance Medley Genomics’ analytical toolkit. You will also play an important role in building the enterprise software architecture and shaping the overall direction of the company.
An ideal candidate has:
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, or statistics (or foreign equivalent degree)
- Relevant experience or skills in applying techniques from computational biology, bioinformatics, machine learning, and/or statistics to large DNA/RNA sequencing data sets
- Proficiency with several of the following technologies: Java, C/C++, R, Python, Perl, Unix and cloud-based computing
- Proficiency in next-generation sequencing data analysis and variant identification
- The desire to experience the unique challenges and rewards of a start-up environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong team player
- Willingness to travel to meet customers and attend conferences (~10%)
Other areas of importance:
- Ability to think strategically and assist in shaping the direction of the company
- Big ideas of the future of medicine
- A passion for the patient
To submit your resume for consideration please send to [email protected]