McClure Company, incorporated in 1953, is a subsidiary of MBMH, which was founded through the private merger of longtime partners Burns Mechanical (Horsham, PA) and McClure Company. The MBMH management team boasts 500 years of collective industry experience within the two firms. We are a fully integrated energy services, mechanical contracting, engineering, and service organization based in Harrisburg, PA. We proactively manage the project from initial concept and design, through installation and commissioning, to 24-hour service and ongoing equipment maintenance. To ensure a streamlined process, we directly employ professional engineers, certified energy managers, and LEED AP certified designers.
The McClure Company is searching for a Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) / Building Information Modeling (BIM) Coordinator.:
We offer excellent benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, S/LTD, Life, and AD&D coverage for full time employees
- Lucrative bonuses and 401(k) with company match/profit sharing
- Paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time and flexible schedules
- The opportunity to participate in numerous company fundraising events throughout the year
To support company Virtual Design and Construction initiatives, including Building Information Modeling (BIM) as it relates to mechanical construction. McClure Company is looking for someone that understands that technology is a highly successful way to improve both communication and collaboration through the visual medium.
- Use CAD and BIM software to compile MEP coordination models, clash reports, schedules and URL’s for multiple projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with Project Engineer, Project Manager, BIM Manager and General Foreman to resolve issues and request information from design professional.
- Reviews construction drawings for apparent conflicts with architectural and structural contract documents and to ensure compliance with local code requirements.
- Compile dimensioned project coordination drawings, Spool drawings, Isometric drawings and As-built drawings to adequately support the project.
- Capable of producing 3D models in Revit and/or AutoCAD for coordination with mechanical trade contractors.
- Coordinate with field Foreman and update coordination drawings throughout each project.
- Reviews equipment submittal documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs site surveys and field measurement work as needed to support the coordination effort.
- The ability to handle several projects at the same time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, :Skills, :and Abilities:
- Proficient on 3D drafting software, including Revit (SysQue), AutoCAD (Fabrication MEP) and Navisworks.
- Understanding of BIM framework and construction coordination process.
- Knowledge of building components and systems.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to juggle multiple high priority tasks.
- Provides leadership, shares technical expertise and experience to other team members. Sets the example relative to maturity, attitude and work ethic. Shows good professional appearance and can effectively communicate with Professional Engineers.
- Must have knowledge of current industry practices regarding fabrication and installation of various piping or plumbing systems.
- Strong aptitude for quality and efficiency
- Firm believer in safety and strong knowledge of safety procedures.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of commercial construction practices. This could include design construction management experience, field experience, mechanical trade experience, etc. Please include samples of your work with your resume.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years BIM related Design and/or construction experience, utilizing the required software.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in construction management, computing and engineering technologies or a similar type degree, is preferred.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
This position is full-time Monday – Friday.
To learn more about The McClure Company, please explore our website www.mcclureco.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet This Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.