Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through both in-class and online venues. Our Students Account Team is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill our Billing Specialist Position.
Primary Function: Process third party billing and payments on behalf of eligible students (Corporate, Military and Veterans). Act as a point of contact for students, internal and external customers. Maintain and monitor the student account to ensure accuracy. Fulfill all duties and responsibilities as per established business practices and service level agreements.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Minimum of one (1) year of office experience required, accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of active duty military benefits as well as veteran education benefits.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, XP, Internet) computer software.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality in handling student account information.
- Ability to interact and work effectively with faculty, administration, staff and students in a collegial and multicultural environment.
- Strong ability to research, analyze and interpret data and information.
- Basic skills using arithmetic.
- Must be detailed orientated, with the ability to ensure accurate and quality work within prescribed time-frame.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Strong written communication skills required with the ability to use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as establish effective working relationships in a team environment.
- Commitment to quality and personal ethics to maintain a high level of confidentiality related to all duties and responsibilities.
- Proficiency in using computer software, databases, internet, spreadsheets and word-processing.
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu.
Bellevue University prepares (1) an Annual Security Report to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act; (2) a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP) Disclosure to comply with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act; and (3) and Consumer Information to comply with the Higher Education Opportunity Act. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All prospective employees may obtain a copy by clicking the preceding links or by requesting copies from the Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028.