Do you love working with smart, dynamic, collaborative teams? Are you looking for an entry level position where you can build on your 0-2 years of professional services experience? We may have the opportunity that you have been looking for.
Orrick offers a collaborative work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Here are some of the benefits you will be offered:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Birthday Paid Time Of
- Paid time off to participate in Community Service Activities
- 401k Matching
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Free Biometric Screenings
- Employee Referral Program
Orrick currently has an opening for a Billing Coordinator. This position will be located at the Global Operations & Innovation Center (GOIC) in Wheeling, WV. The shift for this position will be Monday – Friday, 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Our GOIC in is in Wheeling, West Virginia which is within commuting distance of the greater Pittsburgh area and Ohio Valley, including: Pittsburgh, Carnegie, Moon, Robinson, Cranberry, Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park, Southpointe, Bridgeville, McKees Rocks, Upper St. Clair, McMurray, Canonsburg and Washington; St. Clairsville, New Martinsville, Cambridge and the Weirton-Steubenville metro area.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 0 to 2 years of related work experience in a professional services environment, including a dedicated and enthusiastic approach to customer service and collaboration.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles preferred.
- Proficiency in a Windows environment, with knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse population requesting a variety of tasks and assignments.
- Established strength in working independently as well as part of a team.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic working environment.
- Attention to detail and follow-up skills.
What will you do? As a part of the billing team, you will assist by working on various system tasks and supporting other team members in performing the billing functions as needed for attorneys and clients which requires specialized invoices including but not limited to:
- Performing various procedures related to maintaining and tracking prebills at the beginning of every month.
- Reviewing narrative and monetary edits made in prebill system for accuracy and compliance with client guidelines. You will make edits when appropriate after obtaining necessary approvals: such as monetary changes on prebills, transfers and split time entries.
- Reviewing and verifying that disbursement charges adhere to client guidelines.
- Retrieving, compiling and annotating back-up invoices for billed disbursements according to client preferences and pre-established guidelines.
- Responding to inquiries from timekeepers about client billing procedures by monitoring the hotline and the general e-mail box. Your daily duties will involve clear and concise communication with attorneys, secretaries and other personnel. This may include communicating with personnel in our Europe and Asia offices.
- Checking rates, calculating discounts, and setting up rates in accordance to information provided on New Business Intake forms for new matters.
- Processing bills and disbursements, editing and posting bills for U.S., European and Asian offices, and filing, retrieving off site back-up, reconciling accounts, and client follow-up.
- Providing support on special projects such as Quarterly Inventory cleanup, Billing & Realization updates, and updating notes for monthly inventory meetings.
Who is Orrick? Orrick is a global law firm focused on serving the technology & innovation, energy & infrastructure and finance sectors. Founded more than 150 years ago in San Francisco, Orrick today has offices in 25+ markets worldwide. Financial Times has selected Orrick as the Most Innovative Law Firm in North America from 2016-2018 and named us runner-up in 2019. The American Lawyer gave the firm its first Legal Innovation Award and in 2019 recognized us for “Best Use of Technology.” For the fifth year in a row, Fortune named Orrick to its 2020 list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Our GOIC in Wheeling, West Virginia, is home to more than 300 members. Established more than a decade ago, it was the first centralized administrative operation in a major law firm.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
How to Apply: If you are searching for a chance to create an impact, you have a little grit and you love working with a team, we want to talk with you. To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Staff and Paralegal Opportunities Listings at www.orrick.com/Careers.
No phone calls please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Office Entry Approval and Daily Health Certification Process
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place