*New Hires with the agency will receive a $100 Sign-on Bonus after completing first 90 Days of Employment*
Summary: The Bilingual (Spanish and English) Senior Job Coach supports consumers during community based work experiences while providing training and support to help consumers work independently on the job. The Senior Job Coach also conducts Work Evaluations to assess consumer skills and abilities before a consumer pursues competitive employment. The Senior Job Coach provides training to new Job Coaches in the department and provides staffing coverage across multiple regions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interface with Employment Specialists to create and maintain schedules to support consumers.
- Review consumer Individual Service Plans (ISPs) and referral documentation from funding source(s) to ensure that consumer preferences are met when working on the job site.
- Provide training and support to consumers to promote independence at their work sites. Provide vocational instruction for teaching consumers work tasks and appropriate social skills.
- Encourage consumers to maximize production and enhance relationships with supervisors and co-workers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with employers at work sites.
- Maintain regular communication with employers to review productivity and quality of work.
- Ensure consumer safety by familiarizing consumers with safety rules and regulations at their work sites.
- Conduct consumer Work Evaluations by observing and documenting consumers’ ability to engage in competitive employment and identify needs for accommodations.
- Write timely and accurate progress notes and comprehensive reports.
- Interface with Employment Specialists to provide documentation for monthly billing packets.
- Properly document and report on-site emergencies.
- Train new Job Coaches with classroom-based workshops and on-site guidance.
- Provide staffing coverage across multiple regions.
- Seek input from consumers, family members, significant others, counselors, and the Community Employment Services team when conducting services.
- Encourage active participation of consumers, their advocates, families and designated others in vocational planning.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain all consumer files and maintain HIPAA compliance for privacy while ensuring best practices. Under the HIPAA Privacy Rule, this position has access to consumer Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Provide transportation for consumers to and from worksites as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service trainings, staff development programs, professional meetings, conferences, and related programs as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or a combination of education, training or practical work experience in a Human Service environment.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish and English
- One (1) year of job coaching experience required.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be capable of lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Satisfactory driving record, current CT drivers’ license, and access to daily use of a reliable, registered, and insured vehicle for frequent in-state driving.
- A benefits package that includes health, dental and vision
- Vacation, sick, and personal time
- Company-paid life insurance and disability plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Vacation, sick, and personal time (based on Standard Weekly Hours)
- Paid holidays (based on Standard Weekly Hours)