The Benefit Recordkeeping Associate is responsible for providing day-to-day record-keeping activities and basic accounting functions for benefits plans on behalf of Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND). This position handles the processing and posting of fringe benefit payments, performs general ledger balancing and verifies and maintains the collection of health premiums for plan participants. The Benefit Recordkeeping Associate calculates and maintains participant accounts ensuring elected investments are correct and responds to benefit questions and issues.
- Processes day-to-day administration of programs to ensure efficient and accurate transaction processing and timely, accurate responses to benefit questions and issues.
- Performs updates to participants accounts to show contributions, account balance and additional elected investments.
- Distributes benefits according to plan specifications to include pension, vacation and holiday distributions and calculates and keys premium rates for various fringe benefit plans.
- Reviews account balances that are the result of the total debit and credit activity as of a specific date and time for all accounts. Reconciles assigned general ledger accounts according to schedule, including investigating and resolving differences and posting correcting entries and provides periodic account activity statements to participants.
- Handles the processing and posting of fringe benefit payments from employers, third party administrators, employees and other entities to the appropriate financial institution accounts. Produces employer informative notices about fringe benefit payment calculation errors.
- Reconciles and researches payment issues and may void or reissue payments.
- Validates new and existing participants ensuring monthly eligibility functions are being maintained. Notifies participants with billing letters who do not meet the eligibility requirements. Updates systems when participants who are no longer eligible due to non-payments and verifies and maintains the collection of monthly/quarterly health premiums for plan participants.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Task and Goal Focus
Attention to Detail and Accuracy
Flexibility and Adaptability
Required: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred: High School Diploma/GED
Field(s) of Study: N/A
Required: Minimum of 2 Years
Preferred: Minimum of 2 Years
Experience Details: Minimum of 2 years of basic accounting, bookkeeping, administrative, clerical or related experience is required.
Job Posting Policy
Employees new to Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota are eligible to apply for positions within their assigned department after successfully completing 90-days in their role. For positions outside of their department, new employees should attain a minimum of six months of service before applying for a new role. Exceptions to this are acceptable, provided there is good business justification for making the move.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individual with Disabilities, as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
For questions, please email [email protected]
This job posting will be closed 1/28/2021 at 8:00AM CST. No further applications will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)