Because you get to live, work, and play in beautiful Jackson Hole!
Choosing St. John’s is a career move with unparalleled quality of life. Jackson Hole boasts world-class skiing, arts, dining, and events. Our campus abuts the National Elk Refuge and the Grand Teton looms overhead. Living here means you can take a walk and see bighorn sheep on your lunch break and spend your weekend recreating in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Working here means being a part of a community that values service, innovation, and wellness.
Department Code and Name: 751 – Care Coordination
Hours Per Pay Period/Hours Per Week: Full Time (72 to 80 hpp/36 to 40 hpw)
Hours per day (shift): 8 hours per shift
Working days of the week (S/M/Tu/W/Th/F/Sa): M/Tu/W/Th/F
The Behavioral Health Provider provides mental health services to patients at Family Health & Urgent Care. He/she will work alongside healthcare providers to support the patient holistically by providing psychotherapy in the clinic. The Behavioral Health Providers will assist patients in connecting with local resources, as well as, serve as a liaison between patients, healthcare providers and human service agencies to reduce barriers to care and services.
Therapeutic and Crisis Interventions
- Competency in providing cognitive and behavioral interventions to individuals, families, couples, and groups with behavioral health/ substance abuse problems in a primary care setting
- Provide crisis evaluation, intervention, safety planning and collaborate with community partners to ensure the safety of the patient
- Evaluates patients through interviews and psychosocial assessments in order to establish and develop treatment plans and treatment goals in conjunction with the licensed treatment team
Assist Patients with Whole Health Management
- Provide factual information based on evidence based research to support and assist the patient/family in coping with their disease to improve their overall behavioral health management. Connect patients with applicable SJMC and other community resources to support this objective
- Provide specific education to patients on how to communicate with health care providers to better utilize resources and increase understanding of the disease process
Mental Health Resource and Liaison for Healthcare Providers
- Function as a consultant/advisor/educator to healthcare providers
- Collaborate with healthcare providers and clinic managers to establish and maintain best practices for collaboration and behavioral health navigation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with primary care staff, patients, other behavioral health clinicians and support staff
- Help manage the Mental Health Resource Line
Data Collection and Utilization
- Accurately chart and enter data in electronic health record. Ensure all billable charges are entered and accurately
- Collect data, track outcomes, and support strategic planning process. Assure collection and management of Behavioral Health data from physician clinics
- Masters degree in Social Worker or Counseling
- Commitment to ethical principles governing the professional practice of his/her discipline
Minimum Work Experience
Required: 2 years working as a therapist, experience working with under-served population, knowledge of local community resources
Preferred: Experience working in health care setting
LCSW or LPC in the State of Wyoming
Combination of office, exam, and other clinical settings. Some exposure to communicable diseases, biohazards, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic setting. Must be on-site at the SJMC campus or other facilities to fulfill the responsibility of this role.
Requires standing and walking for some periods of time. Occasional stress caused by multitasking and level of responsibility.
Direct Reports: NA
Reports to: Care Coordination Manager
External and Internal Contacts:
All hospital departments, patients, physicians, visitors, family of patients, sales representatives, and physician’s office staff.