Performs a range of basic office support activities for the clinic, such as answering phones and directing calls, greeting and directing patients and visitors, answering questions and performing routine clerical, data entry, file maintenance and word processing work as assigned.
High school diploma or GED; Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft programs required. 6 months experience working in a medical or behavioral health clinic preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Welcome clients and visitors with a smile, in person or on the telephone; answer or refer inquiries.
- Verify insurance benefits and explain to clients their coverage; set up payment.
- Reminder calls as needed. Intake on all new clients.
- Ability to prepare and print routine correspondence, labels, and/or other basic written material.
- Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
- Receptionist skills.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answers telephones, route calls, take messages, and provide general information; greet and direct visitors and patients; and, answer routine inquiries.
2. Processes incoming mail; distributes correspondence and other material to clinic staff.
3. Performs a variety of routine clerical assignments as appropriate to the position; may operate a personal computer to draft basic correspondence, enter data, and print letters, labels, reports, and/or other materials.
4. Copies and/or duplicates materials as requested; may prepare and transmit facsimiles for clinic staff.
5. Establishes, maintains, processes, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents.
6. May perform specialized services of a routine clerical nature in strict accordance with established procedural guidelines, as appropriate to the position.
7. May run various routine errands, as required, for the clinic.
8. Calls patients to remind of scheduled appointment the day prior to the appointment.
9. Checks patients in for appointments.
10. Updates patient information as needed. Verifies patient documentation regarding notices, insurance and financial information.
11. Receives payments and enters payments in the computerized billing system.
12.Enters daily patient encounters in the computer.
13. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: SAFETY:
A Chance 4 Change LLC. enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe working environment. Each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements, participating in emergency response tasks as requested, and serving on safety committees and teams as requested. In addition, employees must accept the responsibility for maintaining the safety of themselves and others by adhering to all written and verbal instructions, promptly reporting and/or correcting all hazards or unsafe conditions, and providing feedback to supervisors and management on all safety issues.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Required)
- Word Processing: 1 year (Preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma