All applicants must complete a formal application directly with Goal Seekers & Eagles. You may visit us inside Highland Park Church, 4777 Lakeland Highlands Road, Lakeland, FL 33813 via the entrance next to the large playground, or request a PDF by emailing our Assistant Director.
Goal Seekers & Eagles, a ministry of Highland Park Church in Lakeland, FL, cares for school-age children before and after school as well as during holiday or summer camps. Our Counselors are engaging, energetic, and self-motivated individuals eager to help children grow into strong, independent leaders among their peers. After all, “train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6). The duties for our Counselors include creating a safe environment for children to play and grow when not in school through group management, individual interactions, and organizing activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan and engage children in organized, fun, and educational games and activities.
- Monitor and manage student behavior during transportation on buses.
- Build strong relationships with children in your care.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for children by identifying and resolving potential physical hazards, including potential tripping hazards, spills, or broken toys.
- Prepare and serve snacks.
- Assist students with homework.
- Manage student behavior through positive group control techniques.
- Correct disruptive behavior through approved discipline procedures and in coordination with other Counselors, Lead Counselors, and Assistant Director.
- Maintain accurate reporting and documentation including attendance records, transportation logs, and Incident or Accident Reports.
- Interact with parents on a daily basis in an understanding, attentive, and responsive manner.
- Respond to and provide first aid as necessary for any injuries.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High School Diploma required
- Proven track record of working well independently and in a team setting
- CPR and First Aid Certifications required within 90 days from date of hire
- Must complete background check and pre-employment drug screening
- Must start and complete 40 hours of Department of Children and Families Training within specified time frames
- Be of strong moral character and act as a role model
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $9.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place