- Plan, schedule, and execute test plans for all levels of product testing, including CV/DV/PV.
- Responsible for hands on tasks in the project as well as managing the project.
- Provide detailed data analysis and documents through publishing technical reports and presentations that support test plans and product delivery. Have total ownership of the overall test plan, execution and results.
- Assist other engineering departments in developing test requirements/plans to properly verify electrical and/or mechanical designs for current and new products.
- Interact with external test facilities to perform required testing, including quoting, scheduling, and execution.
- Determine requirements for new test equipment and / or redesign of existing test equipment.
- Recommend, purchase and implement equipment, instruments, data acquisition, etc., required for all levels of product testing.
- Design and/or lead the design of test setups and fixtures to properly operate, monitor, and orient the product while under test.
- Develop and implement software and/or test scripts for new or existing test equipment .
- Assist with failure analysis activities and ensure all product issues are identified, logged, tracked and resolved during each testing phase.
- Assist in the development and review of test processes.
- Support multiple programs in various test stages of their product development.
- Technical understanding of environmental level testing, temperature, vibration, humidity, enclosure and associated electrical and mechanical type tests.
- Familiarity with environmental, mechanical, and electrical verification testing methodologies in an automotive environment.
- Demonstrated ability in the creation of Validation Test Plans and coordinating, executing and tracking validation testing activities.
- Familiarity with vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) and/or Local Interconnect Network (LIN) communication interfaces.
- Familiarity with Vector CANoe/CANanlyzer application.
- Ability to replicate problems to determine its type/nature and communicate this to engineering to help resolve design issues.
- Previous experience with specification and integration of data acquisition using various test instrumentation required.
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and oral format.
- Computer proficiency (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, project, etc.)
- Strong organizational, project management, and leadership skills to prioritize, coordinate projects, manage conflicting needs, and deal with many issues at one time. Must be able to work independently and be self-disciplined.
- Experience with high voltage EV/HEV battery systems a plus
- Software programming experience or background a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Electrical/Mechanical/Hardware Design Verification/Process Validation testing.
FEV North America, Inc offers a complete range of engineering services, providing support across the globe to customers in the design, analysis, prototyping, powertrain and transmission development, as well as vehicle integration, calibration and homologation for advanced internal combustion gasoline-, diesel-, and alternative-fueled powertrains. FEV also designs, develops and prototypes advanced vehicle / powertrain electronic control systems and hybrid-electric engine concepts that address future emission and fuel economy standards. The company has expanded its engineering capabilities to include full vehicle systems and now offers broad expertise in electronics, telematics and infotainment system engineering. The FEV Test Systems division is a global supplier of advanced test cell, instrumentation and test equipment; energy technology and conventional, electric and alternative vehicle drive systems. We are also a major supplier of advanced testing and instrumentation products and services for some of the world’s largest powertrain OEMs. FEV is focused on meeting our customers’ requirements for rapid development schedules, high quality standards and reduced costs. The FEV Group employs a staff of over 4,000 highly skilled specialists at advanced technical centers on three continents. FEV, Inc. employs approximately 400 personnel at FEV’s North American Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI.
For more about FEV please visit our website at www.fev.com