- Three to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State regulations).
- Requires the ability to read write and speak the English language.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience whether oral or written.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
- Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Presents menu answers questions and takes food and beverage orders from guests and/or serving staff.
- Prepares drink orders including wine liquor and beer.
- Prepare appetizers and food items according to recipes and standards.
- Monitors seating in lounge/bar area ensuring all guests are served.
- Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks and balances sales receipts.
- Attempts to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as discontinuing alcohol service and notifying management of potential problem(s).
- Clean bars work areas and tables as well as glasses utensils and bar equipment.
- Maintains kitchen and lounge station by keeping area tidy; clean and stock kitchen and bar at the end of each shift.
- Plan organize and control the operations of the lounge/bar area.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Create drink recipes.
- Inventories liquor food supplies and equipment weekly. Order or requisition supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Receives dates and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan