Specific responsibilities of the Bartender include:
- Maintains a warm, welcoming, “Corner Bar” atmosphere.
- IDs all guests ordering alcoholic beverages who appear to be 40 years old or younger.
- Properly and promptly prepare, garnish, and serve drinks to guests.
- Engages with guests by making drinks in front of the guest using working flair.
- Knows the menu and how to read each guest to make appropriate beverage and food recommendations.
- Upsells guests on food or drink items when appropriate.
- Keeps a clean, organized bar area.
- Accurately rings up all orders in the POS system while maintaining ability to socialize with guests.
- Follows all relevant brand standards for service.
- Builds guests count by promoting specials and building a regular clientele.
- Strictly adheres to responsible alcohol service standards and is able to successfully “slow down a guest” or cut off an intoxicated guest when necessary.
Additional specific requirements for the Bartender include:
- Must be dressed neatly and well groomed in company approved dress code at all times
- Must follow standards of Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Must meet local jurisdiction requirements, including but not limited to obtaining required certifications
- Must be able to operate P.O.S. system , make change correctly and make credit card transactions
- Must be able to calmly respond to angry guests and notify a Manager
- Must be able to pass initial and annual validation
- Must be able to respond clearly to guests’ requests
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
- Must be able to frequently lift 30 lb. cases and carry short distances, up or down stairs
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir and wipe
- Must be able to frequently immerse hands in hot water (every 5 minutes)
DISCLAIMER: THIS CONTENT REPRESENTS THE ROLE OF A TGI FRIDAYS INC. EMPLOYEE. YOU ARE APPLYING TO A FRANCHISE LOCATION WHERE FRANCHISEES MAY INCLUDE DIFFERENT OR ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS. PLEASE VERIFY ACTUAL REQUIREMENTS DURING THE INTERVIEW.