WELCOME TO XFINITY LIVE! THIS IS PHILLY’S PREMIER DINING AND ENTERTAINMENT DESTINATION LOCATED IN THE WELLS FARGO COMPLEX. WITH MULTIPLE DINING AND ENTERTAINMENT VENUES THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE AND THE PERFECT SPOT BEFORE DURING AND AFTER ALL SPORTING EVENTS!
Banquet Manager Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain quality, service and operating standards as established by the venue to ensure quality and consistency.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of the banquet department, communicate objectives, and schedule/assign work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Ensure that rooms are set-up and service delivery is carried out according to guest expectations and banquet event order. Conduct pre-function meetings with scheduled staff and review all information pertinent to the service and set-up of groups. Inspect scheduled function areas/rooms, table set-ups, bar set-ups, buffet tables, receptions and coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness and proper layout.
- Meet with Kitchen Staff to review scheduled groups’ menu. Ensure agreement of delivery times, amounts, and arrangements. Coordinate any AV equipment, or other technical needs
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond to guest requests and complaints in a prompt and professional manner. Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines according to in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Review guest check with client after function and obtain signature.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of banquet inventory and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize misuse and breakage of china, glassware, linen, and supplies and to ensure that no re-usable goods are wasted. Establish par levels for supplies and equipment.
- Control departmental labor and expenses. Provide input into the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget.
- Ensure that equipment is prepared for the following day’s work. Ensure that all banquet equipment is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all banquet facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes.
- Ensure the guests' total satisfaction.
- Ensure that our vendors have adequate inventory of supplies and equipment; discuss pricing or service issues and resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
Banquet Manager Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent required, some college preferred.
- Must have at least 1 years’ experience with advanced banquets and food and beverage operations training and operations, including one year supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Proven ability to lead a team and communicate efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the brand and the Company.
The Banquet Manager position requires the ability to perform the following:
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds (tables, chairs, trays, etc.)
- Moving about the function areas.
- Moving about the outlet(s)
- Handling objects, products
- Bending, stooping, standing, and kneeling
- Withstand potential climate temperature changes in assigned work area.