Banquet Manager – San Diego Zoo
Wednesday, February 3, 2021
The Banquet Manager performs all job assignments to support San Diego Zoo Global's mission and vision of saving species worldwide by uniting our expertise in animal care and conservation science with our dedication to inspiring passion for nature and leading the fight against extinction. The Banquet Manager is responsible for internal/external banquet and restaurant/retail operations. This position reports to the Associate Director of Retail Operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for oversight of event operations, food and beverage execution and coordination of catering events ensuring the highest standards of hospitality while maximizing revenue.
- Responsible for oversight and scheduling of banquet and catering employees in compliance with budget and collective bargaining agreement.
- Ensure that all banquet and catering functions are aligned with the departmental budget established by the Director of the department.
- Manage banquet and catering employees including, but not limited to, training, mentoring, performance management and corrective action.
- Collaborate with Event Sales, Development, and Operations teams for optimal guest service including menu creation and development activities.
- Responsible for inventory control, ordering, managing supplies, safety, storage, maintenance and cleanliness.
- Ensure cash control policies are adhered to including continuous education and auditing.
- Work with many other organizational departments to ensure open communication to ensure successful execution of all banquet and catering events.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
San Diego Zoo Global is seeking an individual who is inspired to be a part of an organization that is committed to protecting wildlife around the globe. A leader to join us in our commitment to provide opportunities to learn about, engage with best-in-class conservation work, and share how that work is changing outcomes for wildlife every day through visits to the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
- Experience managing large and small catered and VIP events required.
- Experience working with represented labor unions required.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality, business administration or a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Safe Food Handling required.
- Able to operate and knowledge of Point of sale register systems and reporting.
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to diffuse complex situation with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to lead highly effective teams.
- Able to operate moderately complex computer software programs.
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult situations using effective service recovery best practices to yield a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and events with competing deadlines using effective time management principles.
- Free admission to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Family Passes
- Complimentary Tickets
- Local and In-House Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Location: San Diego Zoo- Retail
- Exempt Position: Salary is commensurate with experience
- Candidates must be available for an interview if contacted. Full job description may be requested at that time
SAN DIEGO ZOO GLOBAL IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
SAN DIEGO ZOO GLOBAL IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER
San Diego Zoo Global makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to [email protected] and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.