The position as Ballistics Quality Control Technician begins as an “Introductory Trainee” for 60 consecutive days during which time the Quality Manager will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to “Regular Employee” on the first of the month following the 60 day introductory period. Company benefits will then commence. (Refer to Benefit Summary sheet inside application).
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Starting hourly wage is D.O.E.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Periodic in-process quality checks to monitor product quality, including both dimensional and
- Track and prepare reports for non-conforming materials (in-process rejects).
- Gage calibration and verification activities for calipers, micrometers, scales, etc.
- Verification of compliance of incoming materials and components, including machined components.
- Logging results of testing, preparation of reports, and maintaining a quality check database.
- Gather product samples from manufacturing and test them for accuracy, dimensional tolerance, visual standards, and report findings in a timely manner.
- Technician will be responsible for selecting appropriate test loads, setting up and reloading cartridges, clean and preparing test files, shooting cartridges to test for accuracy, and troubleshooting all facets of the Ballistics Lab.
- This is a production-oriented department where efficiency and consistency are paramount. Must be available for assignment to any shift – the successful applicant must be self-directed and capable of working alone and staying productive while doing so.
- Occasional setup, repair, and light maintenance of machinery is required, thus the position requires a familiarity of basic hand tools, precision, measuring equipment and mechanical concepts.
- Must be committed to maintaining a clean work environment.
- Able to keep accurate records of daily work.
- Teamwork is essential: employee must be able to work in a team environment under repetitive conditions.
SPECIAL NOTE: This work environment has the potential to expose an employee to hazardous conditions. Consequently, Nosler, Inc. has implemented a drug testing policy that will help ensure that all employees will be safe operators and that the work environment is equally safe. Our policy is simple: zero tolerance for drug use. This means that a positive test for illegal drugs or alcohol while working will result in immediate termination.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High School diploma or GED required.
- Experienced in the use of appropriate precision measuring tools, including calipers, micrometers, optical comparators, height gage.
- Able to read blueprints and compare actual dimensions to stated tolerances. Also includes ability to visualize parts from a 2D drawing and identify critical dimensions.
- Ability to operate a computer within Windows operating system, and be experienced with Word and Excel.
- Ability to use basic mathematics and statistics.
- Able to write clearly and communicate with ease.
- Mechanical aptitude is essential. Excellent eyesight with or without correction is required.
- Familiarity and/or experience with reloading, ballistics and weapons is required. A minimum of 5 years of hand loading experience or 3 years of industry experience is required.
- An exceptional attention to detail and the ability to complete daily work is required. The applicant should possess the ability to change and adapt to any situation and be able to change their work focus at any time.
- Know how to use calipers, micrometers, depth micrometers, and a variety of other precision measuring tools.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate or Bachelor degree in a related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a quality control inspector or related job function.
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 quality system.
- ASQ certification and/or Internal Auditor certification preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret work instructions and other documentation.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, and production staff.
- Ability to effectively present information to supervisor and plant management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
ASQ certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility producing metal products.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow the company guidelines regarding hair length, which is not to exceed one inch below the collar. Pony tails or longer hair is not allowed. Mustaches and beards are allowed but must be kept neatly trimmed. The wearing of watches, jewelry (includes rings, bracelets, and earrings of any sort) or visible body piercings (including tongue rings, nose studs, eyebrow piercings, etc.) are not allowed in the Production area by male or female personnel while on duty.