Wildland Trekking offers multi-day backpacking trips and day hikes in the Smoky and Blue Ridge Mountain Region with the branch warehouse located in Asheville. Trips operate mainly throughout the spring, summer, and fall for adults and families looking to experience unforgettable hiking vacations. Multi-day trips range from 3-7 days. Mileage ranges from 5-12 per day. Guides prepare 3 meals a day for guests in the field, manage the all aspects of the trip, and are responsible for interpretive information, risk management, and guest satisfaction.
– Efficient and effective organizational skills, strong work ethic, excellent written and verbal communication and a high level of fitness. Guides walk all day carrying a heavy backpack, cook in the backcountry, manage risk in varied backcountry environments and weather, provide excellent customer service, interpretive information, and manage social dynamics in mixed groups.
– Previous guiding experience strongly preferred
– Area knowledge is a HUGE plus.
– Must hold a current WFR certification or EMT or be willing to obtain immediately upon hire.
– Must be available to attend training March 2nd in Asheville and begin further training after that.
– Must be able to pass a background, motor vehicle record check, and a drug test.
A fun and supportive work environment with lots of high quality people, a wage scale which rewards field experience; multi-day training; pro deals; trip support (including satellite phones and access to 24/7 emergency phone number) and opportunities for advancement/professional growth within the organization. Finally, though not guaranteed, the company encourages guests to express their appreciation with a post trip gratuity which over time constitutes a large part of a guide’s annual income. 401K benefits also available.
Please visit our website for more information and to fill out an application: https://www.wildlandtrekking.com
– > Put “Smokies Guide” in the Desired Position field on our websites application.
Also hiring in other branch area locations.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract