Embrace better opportunities.
Are you passionate about health, happiness and helping others? So are we. We’re committed to helping our health plan Members live a happy and healthy lifestyle, and we believe that it starts here first, with our Associates.
At AvMed, we provide the tools and opportunities to enhance, expand, and support each Associate’s personal and professional growth. From tuition reimbursement to exercise classes in the office, embrace a better career with AvMed and join our team!
Position: Sr. Manager, Accounting (Premium & Medical Reporting)
Scope of position: The Sr. Manager of Accounting (Premium & Medical Reporting) is responsible for leading and managing the people, processes and technology comprising certain General Accounting and Financial Information Reporting functions for AvMed. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of team of accounting professionals. Responsible for the management and development of Accounting department staff, including establishing a leadership climate that contributes to a high performing and highly engaged team that is committed to AvMed’s Vision, Mission and Values.
Key functions and responsibilities of the Sr. Manager of Accounting are broadly described below:
Responsible for certain AvMed general accounting activities, including the recording and reconcilement of premium and monthly estimates of incurred medical expenses and claims reserves for AvMed’s fully insured products, including processing of financial transactions into general and subsidiary ledgers, account reconciliation & analysis.
Financial Reporting – Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP)
Responsible for the completion, in accordance with SAP, of all premium, membership, utilization, reinsurance and medical claims related pages of the quarterly and annual statements submitted to the State of Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) and to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). Also responsible for completion of Parts 1 and 2 of the Supplemental Health Care Exhibit related to the reporting of Minimum Loss Ratios (MLR) as required by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, as well as the timely completion and submission of HHS and other MLR forms annually, and serving as Finance SME in the process to administer rebate payments as necessary.
Financial Accounting and Reporting for Provider and Partner Arrangements
Responsible for financial accounting, reconcilement and reporting for all non-standard provider and partner relationships, including capitated arrangements, risk sharing arrangements and joint venture and other partner relationships. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing and maintaining systems and processes to capture, record and reconcile premium, medical and other costs associated with member populations included in each arrangement, and to report financial results internally and externally as contractually agreed upon.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical Plans, Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, and more…
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off Cash-In
- 401(k)plan with matching contributions, Tuition Assistance, Associate Discounts
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation, or CPA eligible, required.
- Graduate level business degree such as Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a financial leadership role required.
- Three years’ supervisory experience in a mature and stable accounting environment preferred.
- Managed healthcare experience required.
- Accounting experience with multiple, discrete lines-of-business preferred
You May Also Have:
- Personal values and characteristics aligned with the AvMed Values – C.A.R.E.S.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- High competency in technical and professional accounting skills; experience in managed care accounting preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience leading teams.
At AvMed, you’ll find a family. Our Associates love us, so they don’t leave us. They love all the opportunities for advancement, the flexible work environment and team activities. We also encourage our Associates to embrace a life rich in what matters most — health and happiness. We call it being WELLfluent. Join AvMed. Join the WELLfluent!
AvMed is located in a beautiful 162-acre park bordering the San Felasco Hammock Preserve State Park. Gainesville is home to the University of Florida, which is one of the largest universities in the United States as well as Santa Fe College, a #1 community college. This city is highly recognized as a great place for families.
AvMed is a tobacco/drug free workplace, EOE
- Accounting experience with multiple experience.
- Managed Healthcare experience.
- 3 year(s): Supervisory experience in a mature and stable accounting environment.
- 3 – 5 years: Experience in a financial leadership role.
- Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field