There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois (US-IL) – Moline
Title: Attorney – 61639
As an Attorney for John Deere located in Moline, IL, you will provide legal advice to clients where there are questions about the law of electronic discovery (and some product liability), related facts and company policy. In addition, you will:
- Research, gather and organize facts and present reasoned conclusions in support of the electronic discovery/evidence program
- Assist in-house and outside counsel in devising and maintaining appropriate processes and lead supporting projects
- Assist other functional areas with maintaining compliance with evidence handling laws and procedures
- Provide some work direction to paralegals and external resources
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Experience researching laws and providing legal advice to other attorneys and IT analysts accordingly
- Experience with the electronic discovery, investigations, and product liability issues
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 25%
- 1 or more years of litigation experience
What Makes You Stand Out
- Demonstrated ability to identify legal technology issues
- Interest in legal technology issues
- Working knowledge or experience with investigations
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- Member of appropriate state bar
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.