For more than 600 years spanning 26 generations the Antinori family has produced exceptional wines that proudly celebrate its Tuscan and Umbrian roots. Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is the exclusive importer of Antinori wines in the US market. This strategic alliance with the Antinori family started in 2006 and 2019 marks another stronghold in the partnership with the dedication of a sales division to the wines of Antinori.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a Associate State Manager – Antinori USA to join our team in New Jersey. The Associate State Manager will represent Antinori and Ste. Michelle Wine Estates portfolio to brokers, trade and consumers.
In this role, you will:
- Position is responsible for building the awareness, understanding and equity of the Antinori brand portfolio with wholesale distributors, on and off premise customers, consumers and with others in the Ste. Michelle Wine Estates sales organization for the overall purpose of increasing distribution, visibility and ultimately sales.
- Visiting high profile on and off premise accounts to educate customers about Antinori portfolio winery estates across the defined geographic region.
- Conducting consumer events, tastings, winemaker dinners to introduce and educate target consumers about Antinori winery estates.
- Presenting to and working with wholesale distributor sales staff to educate them and generate enthusiasm for selling the Antinori wine portfolio to their target accounts.
- Working closely with both SMWE and Distributor Discovery Pearl Collection personnel in their market to coordinate sales goals, focus periods, and education needs for the Antinori Discovery Pearl Collection items.
- Presenting to and occasionally working with Ste. Michelle Wine Estates Business Development Managers to educate them and assist them in their efforts in selling the Antinori portfolio to their assigned accounts.
- Working closely with their manager to review sales, programming and executional needs such as suggested pricing and inventory in order to influence a successful sales outcome in their territory.
- Providing on going feedback to Ste. Michelle Wine Estates Antinori marketing brand management team on the needs of customers, distributors and consumers relative to the Antinori portfolio and the overall market for Italian wines in their assigned geographic territory.
- Participating in quarterly business reviews with senior distributor management.
- Periodically accompany key customers, wholesale distributor sales staff and SMWE teams on visits to the Antinori wine estates in Italy.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of all Italian wine regions, their wines and their culture.
- Overall knowledge of key global wine regions.
- Bi-lingual preferred: Able to write and speak English and Italian in order to engage key customers.
- Minimum of 5 years previous proven experience as a brand ambassador interacting with the trade defined as key on and off premise customers and wholesale distributors in major US markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our pension 401k programs and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133.