Oaktree is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $140 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2020. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented and risk-controlled approach to investments in credit, private equity, real assets and listed equities. The firm has over 1000 employees and offices in 19 cities worldwide. Oaktree is majority owned by Brookfield Asset Management and the firms together represent one of the largest alternative investment management organizations globally with approximately $550 billion of assets across real estate, infrastructure, renewable power, private equity and credit.
For additional information please visit our website at www.oaktreecapital.com .
The Power Opportunities Group, also known as the GFI Energy Group, is a private equity investment group within Oaktree focused exclusively on partnering with growing businesses that provide services, equipment and software to specific end-markets where GFI has deep domain expertise (namely power, utility and infrastructure industries) developed over its 25-year history. GFI targets growing, successful businesses and seeks to partner with company management to drive accelerated business improvement and value creation. The Group manages approximately $3 billion in assets and is currently investing its $1.4 billion Power Opportunities Fund V, L.P., which is approximately 40% invested. For more information about GFI, our investment strategy, value added approach, and current and past portfolio investments, please visit our website at www.gfienergy.com .
We are seeking an Associate who will participate in all transaction functions and portfolio management activities including:
- Preparing detailed financial modeling to evaluate new and add-on investments;
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Conducting business and industry due diligence on new potential investments and their related industries;
- Synthesizing findings into investment committee materials;
- Meeting with existing and prospective management teams;
- Participating in deal structuring, legal documentation and negotiations; and
- Monitoring the performance of existing portfolio investments and assist them with add-on acquisitions, strategic planning, and related financings.
This individual will work in the Brentwood, CA office, where the GFI team is based.
- 2-4 years of experience in private equity, investment banking, or management consulting.
- Outstanding financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated competency in financial statement analysis, business valuation, accounting and finance.
- Relationship Building
- Independence & Collaboration
- Flexibility & Organization
- Driving Results
- Intellectual Curiosity
A Bachelor’s degree with honors from a top university or college is required.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.