Meet Timberland .
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
To learn more about Timberland and share in our mission to step outside, work together and make it better, visit one of our stores, www.timberland.com or follow us @timberland .
Let’s talk about the role !
As part of the America’s Integrated Merchandising team, this position will support the Men’s & Kids FW team with a concentration on Kids footwear. In addition, this role will support the broader merchant team with HTT communication tools and milestone supports, in addition to special projects throughout the GTM Process (e.g. pricing, comp set, marketplace research) ensuring maximum team efficiency, consistency and prioritized time investment.
You'll be a trusted member of our team reporting to Senior Manager – Integrated Merchandising Men’s & Kids Footwear, Non-Icon and you'll collaborate and liaise with Merchandising partners and Global Product SMU & PLS partners.
This role will contribute to advancing our regional business initiatives and support the America’s merchant team through the following key functions;
- Dedicated Kids Footwear assortment/line plan management inclusive of PLM, Pricing, and Milestone Representation.
- Merchandising team support in seasonal and non-seasonal integrated regional assortment communication tools to ensure standardized, efficient communication and ongoing seasonal reference. (e.g. seasonal story calendar, GTM presentations tools, HTT integration tools).
- SMU and Collab communication / reference tools oversight, working closely with Merchant Managers and Global Product SMU PRODUCT Line Specialist.
- Special projects support as required to include but not limited to; marketplace competitor research, competitor pricing, and marketplace opportunity projects across FW/APP/ACC as required.
- Seasonal sample line and Merch workspaces support inclusive of sample packing/ unpacking, labeling and storage as a basis for building foundational product line knowledge and team efficiency.
Our Guiding Principles :
Live with Integrity – Be authentic and do the right thing, always | Act Courageously –Think and act boldly | Be Curious – Explore the world, learn and evolve | Act with Empathy – Seek to understand and respect others | Persevere – Persist and work together as One VF.
How You’ll Make A Difference…
The ideal candidate would have a strong interest in fashion and an Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Merchandising, VM, Buying, or related Retailing. The role will require the ability to work within a high functioning team in a fast pace, multi-dimensional role, both independently and as a collaborative team player. Successful candidate should enjoy problem solving, learning through doing, and approach tasks with a “can-do,” positive attitude. Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Illustrator preferred in addition to the ability to perform some light physical tasks including lifting, packing, storing and shipping of product samples, rolling rack stocking and moving, and low step ladder use.
What’s in It for You?
Along with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits program, we offer a flexible, casual work setting, up to eight weeks of paid parental leave, 40 hours of paid community service and generous employee discounts on all our amazing VF brands. And it’s not just our products which set us apart from others, it’s our people! We believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after. That’s why, on top of comprehensive benefits, we offer much more:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries;
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do;
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
If you like what you’ve read and want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you!
TO LEARN MORE:
Visit vfc.com , timberland.com or follow us on LinkedIn