We are recruiting for an Associate Director, Medical Device Epidemiology and Real-World Data Sciences. This role can be located in New Brunswick, NJ; Titusville NJ; West Chester, PA; Raynham, MA; Warsaw, IN; Cincinnati, OH; or remotely. This will report to the Senior Director for Medical Device Epidemiology and Real-World Data Sciences and may travel up to 15% globally.
Our Epi-RWDS organization in J&J is a leader in the medical device industry for using real-world evidence. We provide skills in using data sources (e.g. product complaints, registries, administrative healthcare claims, electronic health records, and regulatory safety databases, and social media) to answer important questions. These questions center on post-market surveillance, safety, product development, value demonstration for payers, label extensions, robotic surgery insights, predictive analytics and artificial intelligence. All this is done to improve patient safety.
You will advance safety signal detection and signal refinement by evaluating, developing, and implementing existing and novel analytical methods. You will take part in activities that include the exploration of big data techniques such as machine learning, natural language processing, sophisticated visualization, and neural networks for analysis of company safety data. You will also explore data sources for signal detection.
- Assist in the design and/or execution of post-marketing safety studies to meet internal requests and/or regulatory requests or requirements.
- Draft and execute analysis plans for post-marketing safety studies.
- Research and develop proactive safety surveillance methodologies to address business needs and meet regulatory requirements for proactive post-market surveillance.
- Collaborate with Regulatory, Clinical, and Quality to meet J&J regulatory commitments including responding to regulators as required.
- Demonstrate thought leadership, innovation, and excellence as we execute medical device surveillance, real-world evidence generation, statistics, and data science.
- Present at congresses & publish in scientific journals on meaningful research and innovations.
- Take action to be involved and/or aware of the international landscape of evidence generation, product performance, and safety monitoring across the industry.
- An advanced degree (Master’s required, Ph.D. preferred) in Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Epidemiology, or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a related field, such as the medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong knowledge of standard statistical software (e.g. R, Python, SQL, SAS).
- A working knowledge of applied epidemiologic, public health or similar principles to aggregate data and trend analysis.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with healthcare real-world data sources (e.g., insurance claims data, electronic medical records, and hospital billing data).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience presenting to technical and lay groups.
- Experience in the execution of signal detection methods such as dis-proportionality measures.
- Experience applying neural networks for machine learning as applied to natural language processing, prediction, and classification problems specific to healthcare.
- Written skills as evidenced by publication and journal articles.
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Global Services, LLC (6209)