Right now, around 70,000 of our employees are working to cure the world’s most complex diseases. We know that our people are the key to our success, which is why our Human Resources team works to attract, develop, retain and inspire our people so that they can learn, grow and make a true impact on the world. Together we collaborate to create a culturally rich, diverse organization ensuring we remain innovative, agile and flexible.
Associate Director, Human Resources (HRBP)
Our Company Animal Health, US Commercial Business, DeSoto Kansas
The Associate Director, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will provide HR support and leadership for the US Livestock Business Unit as well as be the primary HR site leader for the Our Company’s Animal Health DeSoto Kansas site. This role will have responsibility for leading HR divisional projects, as assigned, in support of the overall people strategy for the division. In addition, this role will act as the liaison to our HRBPs supporting our Company’s Animal Health Manufacturing and our Company’s Animal Health R&D for the DeSoto KS site as well as support US commercial functions at our Omaha NE location.
This is a key role responsible for establishing strong business partnerships, execute on initiatives and support the development and retention of a talented and engaged workforce.
- Provide HR and executive coaching support primarily for the US Livestock Business Unit Leaders within the US Commercial organization.
- Partner with HRBP for AH Manufacturing, MAH R&D and Antelliq in support of cross-organizational HR processes and programs, such as talent management, succession planning as aligned with divisional people strategy.
- Create and/or drive the talent and diversity strategy for the US Livestock business as well as other assigned organizations
- Coach leaders and members of leadership team(s) to successfully manage all people management processes (talent management, succession planning, performance management, compensation planning, etc.).
- Understand dynamics and key business priorities of client groups to provide coaching to business leaders on effectively managing and leading their organizations.
- Partner with learning & development colleagues for the US Livestock organization on learning strategies and solutions to support and enable talent strategy.
- Partner with talent acquisition organization on activities in support of the organization’s workforce plan and talent strategy.
- Provide leadership and project management to critical HR initiatives
- Collaborate across the HR network and with other stakeholders across the organization to resolve escalated issues and generate solutions to enable client’s business strategy.
- Engage with external youth agriculture organizations (i.e. FFA, AFA, MANRRS) to build the our Company’s Animal Health brand to enhance our future talent pipeline
- Serve as advisor to leadership teams by providing insights, consultation and guidance
- Monitor workforce productivity, retention and engagement for trends and changes that require intervention; leverage HR metrics tool for reporting people metrics
- Lead implementation of programs to drive development, employee engagement and retention
- Bachelor’s degree with at least eight (8) years relevant HR experience including senior level HRBP roles
- Exceptional influencing skills with ability to communicate and influence individuals and groups and to gain buy-in and acceptance of new ideas and approaches
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong and productive relationships
- Demonstrated leadership consulting ability
- Sound business acumen and analytical skills
- Experience working in animal health or agriculture related fields a plus
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 10-20%
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at [email protected]