Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 40567
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Information Technology Team within the Information Technology Division.
- Responsible for developing and supporting web based, mobile-aware, Java applications and web services. As a member of an agile team , the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment with internal customers, management, business analysts, project managers, IT architects and other developers to understand requirements and development needs while gaining valuable experience and skills.
- With guidance of senior developers, creates new and maintains current applications, including, but not limited to, bug fixes, feature enhancements, and performance tuning in the Corporate Security, Emergency Planning & Response, Environmental and Safety IT portfolios
- Researches and implements new technology to enhance current processes, security, and performance
- Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions
- Works with a team to create detailed project specifications, requirements, and estimates, and ensures tasks/projects are completed on time and within scope
- Works with production operations department to ensure deployments roll out smoothly and customer groups receive appropriate support
- Documents validation of design decisions
- Supports the enforcement of policy and procedural changes within the development group
- Supports the development of coding standards and adhere to best practices and security guidelines set forth by the development team
- Participates in code reviews
- Provides on-call production support (24 x 7 x 365), as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 2 years total development experience
- 1 year web application or services experience
- 2+ years of total development experience
- 2+ years of web application experience
- Airline Industry experience
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of object oriented programming, common data structures and algorithms, design patterns and best practices
- Experience with Visual Studio and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) or GitHUB
- Knowledge of relational databases (MSSQL Server, Oracle)
- Ability to scrutinize applications and services to ensure they adhere to security standards
- Networking knowledge (Sockets, TCP/IP, UDP)
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Personal commitment to Agile principles and a continuous improvement mindset
- Knowledge of TDD and automated testing
- Knowledge of PCI Compliance / OWASP standards
- Knowledge of diagnostics tools (SOAPUI, Fiddler, IE Inspector, HTTP Analyzer, Dynatrace)
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Requisition ID: 40567