Position Function and Scope:
The Associate Brand Manager is part of a brand building team charged with delivering growth against one of the company’s major growth pillars. She/he is a builder, an individual who has the passion and the dedication to grow their business and team through innovative thinking, collaboration, and hard work. She/he takes a holistic approach to marketing, developing amazing products, competitive pricing strategies, and compelling marketing campaigns. She/he partners with multiple stakeholders from within the Marketing Department and outside the Marketing Department including Field Sales, Finance, Demand & Production Planning, Operations, and R&D.
The Vegetable/Frozen Business Unit is charged with growing our brands in the Vegetable and Frozen aisles. The Vegetable business represents the ambassador of the Del Monte equity (in more households than another other part of our Del Monte brand). The business unit also is responsible for the Del Monte Veggieful sub-brand and the strategy to grow it throughout the store. The current Retail business represents ~$440MM in NSV annually.
- Support the implementation and evolution of our growth pillars over time.
- Assists manager in the creation and execution of both short-term and medium-term brand strategies.
- Planning & Execution
- Support development and implementation of the annual business plan. Deliver both short- and long-term sales, share, and investment results.
- Support development of the annual integrated marketing plans and lead execution of key elements of those plans.
- Analyze business results and competitive performance, develop and make recommendations to ensure volume and profit targets are met.
- Leverage research (historical, secondary) and insights (consumer and supplier research, trends, Channel intelligence) to identify growth opportunities.
- Lead cross-functional teams to bring initiatives to market which amplify the growth potential in our brands and multi-year growth pillars.
- Partners with manager to influence all P&L line items for the brand, evaluating alternate marketing plans, product/portfolio strategies, pricing/trade promotion plans, and distribution/channels strategies in order to meet financial hurdles and deliver optimum enterprise value.
- Manages marketing budget for the brand, spending to ensure spending is within budget and properly allocated.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field. MBA strongly preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Marketing and/or 2 years of related experience post business school.
- Builds the Future:
- A love of food and the role it plays to nourish and enrich our lives.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to take initiative and drive results in a fluid environment.
- Builds the Business:
- Creates opportunity through resourcefulness and strong bias for action.
- Combines a disciplined and fact-based approach with consumer insight and intuition.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to translate analysis into actionable recommendations.
- Asserts own ideas and persuades or negotiates with others to gain support or acceptance.
- Persists despite set-backs and works to gain acceptance for ideas.
- Builds Teams:
- Can partner successfully within teams and cross-functionally to get things accomplished.
- Builds Trusts:
- Acts with high degree of ownership and personal accountability.
- Uses clear and concise verbal and written communication, translating detailed and complex information into concise business stories.
- Consistently delivers results despite obstacles.
- Solid business acumen and demonstrated track record of delivering business results.
- Ability to deliver actionable category and competitive insights from syndicated data sources such as Nielsen or IRI and other sources.
- Experience implementing across a range of marketing initiatives such as consumer promotion plans, new product development, packaging design, etc.
- Very strong project management skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k).
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/). Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.