Location: Hershey, PA
This position supports the Logistics Planning and Analysis team by creating and maintaining the carrier contracts, transportation rates and lane allocations. Ensures synchronicity with contracts and rate estimation systems including Access databases, SAP, Transportation Management Systems, Cass, Business Warehouse and other analytical tools. Other duties can include supporting transportation bids, monitoring carrier and/or DC performance and profitability, ensuring accuracy of information collected, coordinating metrics to measure and report on carrier and DC performance. It requires a detail oriented individual capable of multi-tasking and strong MS Office tools skills.
- Create, maintain and update Word and Excel contract documents e Upload rates using an Access database to feed TM, SAP and freight bill payment auditing systems
- Enter carrier lane allocations into the Transportation Management System
- Manage and report on Sustainability KPIs
- Maintain the weekly Fuel Surcharge allowance
- Publish multiple Distribution and Transportation reports
- Financial Support and Ad-Hoc Analysis
- Perform SOX monthly compliance review in conjunction with Supply Chain Finance Team
- Research and validate post-shipment claim auditing process
- Perform ad-hoc analysis such as transportation rate requests
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in or ability to quickly learn how to use multiple data sources including BW, SAP, and TMS systems
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize. Effective oral and written communication skills. Proven data analysis skills
- Knowledge of supply chain operations
- Strong financial and business mindset
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent analytical supply chain experience.
- Minimum of 0-4 years’ experience in supply chain, business, engineering or other analytical function.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans