TheAssisted Living Managerat a Brightview community exemplifies the vision, the mission, and the vibrancy of the organization and leads the delivery of exceptional care to our residents. Team work and collaboration are instrumental to the success of our communities, and in this role you will work with the internal leadership team, including our Health Services Director, and our external partners to oversee and guarantee that our Assisted Living resident s needs are not only met, but delivered with vibrancy. Brightview Annapolisserves Anne Arundel County, including Crownsville, Parole, and Arnold with Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Dementia Care.
In this role, you will select, build, coach and supervise a team of passionate, engaging and high quality Medication Technicians (MedTechs) and Resident Assistants ( RA s) who are responsible for providing the Assisted Daily Living Services (ADL s) to our residents. Through your leadership, you will hold the team accountable for meeting all mission, quality, safety and other performance standards.
You will also develop, monitor, and adjust work schedules to ensure adequate adequate staffing to meet our Brightview service standards and budget, conduct routine rounds of the community, participate in initial and ongoing resident assessments to help identify needs and changes in condition, assist in the development of the Resident Services Plan, participate in regular resident and family meetings, and help conduct new hire training and monthly in-service trainings. This is a critical role within the Brightview community leadership team, and allows for the opportunity to create a dramatic and positive impact on our residents ability to live an active, vibrant life!
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- Bachelor s Degree in social work or in a related human service field and a minimum of three years experience working in a health care or in a related human service field or senior living OR an Associate s Degree in social work or in a related human service field and two years experience in a social service delivery system dealing with issues and coordinating services related to persons primarily age fifty-five (55) or older OR, in the absence of a degree, a minimum of four years experience in a social service delivery system dealing with issues and coordinating services related to persons primarily age fifty-five (55) or older. Bachelor s Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in a supervisory role, preferably in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Ability to lead, direct, and motivate others to innovate and excel.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple competing demands for time and attention.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents and family members.
- Ability to apply reason, logic, and advanced problem solving skills to resolve complex and/or sensitive issues.
- Excellent written communication skills including proper grammar and professional writing.
- Ability to read at a level to understand care notes and written directives of medical practitioners.
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
Brightview Senior Living opened its first senior living community in 1999 and today offers over 35 communities in eight states (and counting!!!!). The communities include Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Alzheimer’s Care options and we are currently experiencing very impressive and sustained growth.
Brightview is a privately held company based in Baltimore, Maryland, and we have been in business for more than 30 years. We develop, manage, and own residential real estate specializing in senior living communities in the Mid-Atlantic, NY Metro and New England regions.
For more information on Brightview, please visit our website: www.brightviewseniorliving.com, or our LinkedIn Page: www.linkedin.com/company/brightview-senior-living
“#1 Ranked Company in Aging Services by Fortune Magazine in 2019”