This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Admissions with the administration of the office. Responsibilities include assisting the Director of Admissions with management, coordination, and oversight of activities such as human resource administration, procurement, budgeting, reporting, coordinating travel for Admissions staff, special events or activities. Other general office duties include preparing reports, memos, letters, and other documents. The position will support technology needs for the areas that promote admissions, recruitment and enrollment strategies, including data management in CRM (Slate) and SIS (Banner) systems. This position may require some overnight and weekend travel and supervision of students.
20% Human Resources Administration: Coordinate the personnel forms for Admissions, including but not limited to, performance programs, annual evaluations, position requests, and employee change forms. Assist with employee recruitment functions for staff and student positions.
5% Procurement: Assist with procurement of supplies and subsequent tracking and follow up as necessary. Perform monthly reconciliation of credit card statements and accounts.
10% Budgeting: Assist with planning and preparation of departmental budget requests. Track expenditures and reconcile accounts. Assist with all aspects of budget maintenance. Assist with the administration of scholarships as requested.
20% Data Management: Assist in managing data in CRM system. Download and process applications and supporting documents. Load standardized test scores and other data files into CRM system. Consolidate duplicate records.
15% Reporting: Prepare reports for the Director of Admissions and others as directed. Assist with coordinating the Admissions annual report. Gather research and statistical data as requested.
10% Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
10% Special Events: Assist the Director of Admissions with coordinating special events that support staff development and enrollment.
10% Managing director’s calendar, appointments, and meetings.
Coordinate registration and travel details for conference and other meeting attendance for Admissions staff. Some direct travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Advanced MS Office skills including Mail Merge, creating and editing tables, data and pivot tables in Excel.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written, and organizational skills.
- Prior demonstrated professional work experience.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience working in enrollment management, admissions, financial aid, or registrar office.
- Experience working with CRM (Slate) and SIS systems (Banner).
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience managing financial operations in SUNY or other state agency.
- Experience conducting research and analysis using statistical data.