Serving as the point-of-contact for all automotive service and repair matters, the Assistant Auto Service Advisor’s core responsibility is to listen and thoroughly understand customer problems, to arrange for an appropriate service level, and to set/manage expectations on the part of the customer and the technician(s) in terms of service delivery. The ideal Service Adviser has an unrestricted driver’s license, clean driving record, a strong mechanical aptitude, a minimum of one year of dealer-level or large facility experience, post secondary automotive training, certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (or is willing to obtain certification), and has a strong technical and customer service performance record.
This position is located at our Matheny Ford location in St. Marys, WV.
- Meets/greets customers in person or on phone
- Arranges prompt and accurate diagnosis of reported problem
- Makes best-value repair recommendations based upon nature of the problem
- Manages delivery of required repair action by successfully setting and managing customer expectations
- Maintains documentation, including PO, invoices, work orders, reports, etc.
- Enforces organizational safety standards
- Ensures appropriate parts inventory is maintained
- Promotes a ‘white-glove’ environment to showcase the repair facility
- Takes ‘ownership’ and accepts accountability for delivering outstanding service levels
- Post high school tech school or ASE certification desired
- One year experience in a dealership or large facility repair organization
- Certification through the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence desired
- Broad scope of automotive mechanical/electrical knowledge
- Verifiable customer service performance record and/or training required
- An impressive work-ethic
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Unrestricted driver’s license and clean driving record
- Life Insurance
- Personal Days