This job position is part-time or full-time. See job duties described below:
Position: Junior Residential Estimator / Assistant Project Manager Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze drawings and specifications.
- Assemble estimates and proposals.
- Complete quantity takeoffs as requested by estimating and PM.
- Obtain and organize subcontractor’s quotations.
- Draft budgets and schedules for projects for review.
- Look at potential new projects.
- Assist the Project Manager in all phases and aspects of the project.
- Provide support to Field Staff.
- Prepare and assist with pre-installation meetings.
- Review Owner contract and become familiar with terms & conditions.
- Work to obtain all necessary permits as requested by the PM.
- Ability to review drawings and specifications to become completely familiar with the project and identify long lead times and critical path items
- Complete sub evaluations/comparisons of bids, scope review, and complete buyout as requested by PM
- Develop a project submittal log and obtain designer’s approval.
- Manage said submittal log and ensure all submittals are processed promptly
- Ensure contracts, insurance, and bonds are current and received before subcontractor performs any work on site. Follow up on collection of all non-received documents and escalate any issues to the PM.
- Attend weekly project meetings as requested by PM and keep detailed meeting minutes for publishing to project team.
- Draft, submit, and track all RFI’s and distribute to all teams members as appropriate.
- Review project logs (RFI’s, Submittals, PCO’s) with Superintendent on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Pursue and monitor submittals and track deliveries of materials.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1+ years’ experience with residential construction experience
- HS Diploma required, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree (Mathematics, Accounting, Engineering, Construction technology or related field) a plus
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to read construction documents with attention to detail and focus
- Possess strong computer and mathematical skills and perform accurate analysis within deadlines
- Dependable, driven and possess a strong work ethic
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Clear and fluent knowledge of computers and experience working with spreadsheets
- Ability to use takeoff programs.
- Knowledge of PlanSwift a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- residential estimating: 1 year (Required)