For over a century, Journey Group has specialized in building commercial construction projects all around the Midwest. We learned that quantity is not as important as quality. As a result of our continued growth, we are looking for an Assistant Project Manager/Estimator to safely help lead concrete teams to work in a construction environment consistent with management philosophy and framework.
Assist the leadership team in the daily operation of asphalt/concrete company. Work in conjunction with other team members to drive improvement in all associated work processes; including environmental, and safety compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs. Support the work process system to align and optimize the division by delivering a valued product to the customer. Assist the team in development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding other team members accountable.
- Perform basic to complex takeoffs on plans (SDDOT, Cities, private work)
- Estimate/bid work under the direction of project manager
- Collaborate with potential clients and customer to review project
- Perform field measurements on private client’s projects and document site
- Negotiate agreement terms, manage construction contract drafts, bid on projects, and obtain permits to analyze and mitigate risks.
- Perform site visits and evaluations
- Manage subcontractors and our work on projects
- Communicate with Project Manager to establish workload and job forecasts
Education and Experience
Associate degree in Construction Management, Project Management or related field, plus two (2) years of concrete construction experience; or the combination of education and experience to meet the essential functions of the position.
Strong knowledge of concrete materials, processes and equipment is required. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents and plan sets.
To effectively perform the duties of an Assistant Project Manager, individual must be able to demonstrate several competencies that are essential to the position, which include:
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, establish credibility and influence others.
- Effectively communicate; generate professional written material and deliver valuable verbal presentations.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including a keen attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong Customer focus and the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Competent to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Good working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word Excel, Power Point, Internet and database programs.
- Highly developed problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, integrity and social/cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to read and understand plans, follow grade stakes and elevation slope.
- Knowledge of general safe work practices
Here are just a few of the benefits you will experience as a part of the Journey Group:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life and AD & D Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Potential
If you enjoy managing the day to day needs of asphalt and concrete projects, then this could be the position for you! Please submit a resume online or stop in and fill out an application at 4500 W 58th Street, Sioux Falls, South Dakota. You may also visit us online and check out our careers page at: www.journeyconstruction.com/careers.
Journey Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities
Journey Group https://journeyconstruction.applicantpro.com