Who we are
We’re The Beck Group, the largest and most innovative integrated building firm in the country. We are focused on delivering design and construction excellence on a broad range of project types. Headquartered in the Arts District in downtown Dallas, with offices in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Denver, Fort Worth, Mexico City, and Tampa, we believe a better process and outcome results from working together. At Beck you will find yourself surrounded by passionate colleagues who have a collaborative mindset and care about each other. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest, and that’s why we are seeking Assistant Preconstruction Managers/Estimators like you to help continue building Beck’s respected reputation.
What you bring to the table Beck is looking for a qualified Assistant Preconstruction Manager to join an extraordinary project team in Tampa, Florida. While this is an individual role, you will be involved in many facets of preconstruction with the ability to evolve our existing operations. As the Assistant Preconstruction Manager, you will support the team leader on preconstruction duties and responsibilities by leading projects or scopes of work from $5M to $15M in size with oversight. The position involves the following essential functions:
- Provide accurate quantity takeoffs and initial pricing
- Independently estimate Interior, Envelope, Site, and Structure Scopes of work with minimal direction and understand applicable specifications sections
- Organize and develop an estimate using a wide variety of classification structures including UniFormat, Masterformat 49 Divisions, and a Bid Tabulation coding structure.
- Develop and maintain project related documents estimates, drawings/models, other in a consistent, organized structure.
- Perform bid day process accurately and reliably
- Understand basic scheduling and lead times
- Assist in the pre-qualification of subcontractors / vendors and management of the sub database
- Proficiently and regularly administer one or more BIM tools in daily practice
- Effectively supervise and mentor Preconstruction Engineers and Interns
- Reliably execute overhead, fee, and insurance add-ons, and billable wage rates and benefits
- Participate in presentations to clients
- Organize and manage estimate content to meet the needs of the organizations goals related to buy-out, project management, historical cost metrics and analysis, etc.
- Identify major risk items of a project and a plan to mitigate those risks
- Interpret conceptual, schematic, or bridging documents and develop cost estimates
- Understand the design process 3rd party or integrated
- Deliver high quality preconstruction deliverable content including cost estimates, supporting detail and documentation, and graphics in a visually intelligent and professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellence in the pursuit of daily tasks and responsibilities while expressing flexibility in the means and methods deployed to help the organization achieve its higher goals.
Who we think will be a great fit A person with the confidence to lead and mentor others, but has the humility to learn and be mentored under talented Senior Preconstruction Managers. This individual has a comprehensive understanding of building construction, excellent time management skills, a passion to get things done, and possess uncompromising authenticity and integrity. This individual must have interest in the integrated project delivery method, sharing physical and mental space with fellow design team members, and a deep desire for innovating in process improvement and technology. You also meet the following requirements:
Required Skills and Experience
- 4-7 years of relevant construction and/or preconstruction experience
- College graduate with a relevant degree
- Demonstrable proficiency with technology such as MS Office, on-screen quantity take-off applications, model-based quantity take-off technologies, and next generation estimating platforms. The candidate will be expected to use DESTINI Estimator as the primary estimating application and supplement tools such as Revit, BIM360, Assemble, and Power BI.
Join our team and build your future with Beck.
The Beck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.