Is a high-energy day more appealing than a desk-bound job? Do you want to be able to rock out to the latest Disney song at work free from judgement? Do you long for your bygone school days of playing with blocks and creating finger paint masterpieces? Consider a career that fills your days with children’s laughter and creativity!
We’re calling all who love singing, dancing, storytelling, and nurturing young, energetic children! The Primrose School of Clear Lake is seeking enthusiastic teachers who share our passion for educating young children that want to put their talents to use in a career that makes a difference.
We have both full and part-time positions available and no weekend hours, so you know that you’ll be able to balance everything going on in your busy life.
Apply today learn more about how you can join the leader in early education and care – earning a great salary and limitless hugs in a happy environment.
- Supervises and manages daily functions for a class of children
- Assesses each child’s developmental needs on an ongoing basis
- Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the Primrose School curriculum outlines and materials
- Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations
- Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration, and decision-making by the children
- Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas, and playgrounds
- Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, naptime, and bathroom activities
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, and/or school functions as determined by the Director
- Observes all rules and regulations pertaining to the health, safety, and care of children
- Maintains a professional personal appearance, attitude, and work behavior at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must meet all requirements stipulated by the state for this position
- Classroom teaching experience in an accredited early childhood facility a plus
- Pleasant/friendly demeanor and an outgoing personality
- Highly professional and dependable
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to interact with students of all ages and skill levels
- Proficient computer and internet skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
- Opportunity to Advance
- Free On-duty Meals
- Flexible Schedule
- Monday – Friday Work Week
- Formal On-the-Job Training Program