Yoga is our first love, and we also make technical product for running, training and pretty much every other way you like to sweat. You can find our stores all around the world, from Vancouver to Dubai, and places in between. Our vision is to create transformational experiences for people to live happy, healthy, fun lives and our mission is to elevate the world through the power of practice.
who you are
You are passionate about health and wellness and you seek out any chance you get to know your community and build new relationships. You understand and appreciate the technical gear that will support your goals and your sweatiest pursuits.
You are building a career that lets you flex some strong entrepreneurial muscle and you know that what you do makes a difference in the world. You have an inherent desire to learn, connect, and create.
You are responsible for certain aspects of the store 80.20, as defined by the Store Manager, and you are accountable for all store operations and functions in collaboration with the leadership team and when the Store Manager is absent. You create space for others to be their best selves and achieve outstanding results in their lives and their business.
a day in the life:
- You lead and coach through the company vision, mission, and core values
- You proactively recruit a diverse team who prioritizes guest connection and provides world-class guest experience; you execute and oversee the hiring process including HRIS system management, interviews, and education on compensation and benefits
- You support in facilitating successful trainings, performance/development meetings, and monthly staff meetings
- You provide consistent coaching and feedback to hold your team accountable to results; you support in the performance evaluation delivery process for Educators and Key Leaders, as well as the execution of all job changes in the HRIS system
- You have a succession plan in place and a successor(s) identified, and you are actively developing your successor(s)
- You are on your sales floor 5 days a week leading your team by example, giving feedback and coaching in the moment; you are accountable for all areas of education/guest experience
- You are accountable for the successful selection process, training, and relationship management of brand ambassadors at your store; you maintain relationships with members of our Sweat Collective and gather/communicate ongoing product feedback
- You are responsible for all product/inventory management at your store; you support in the creation of an effective product testing strategy, executing product walkthroughs, and overseeing visual merchandising and sell-through at your store
- You unpack boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh up to 30 lbs)
- You support in leading a profitable store by enrolling the entire team to achieve your sales plan; you utilize company tools to strategically plan sales targets and labour hours; you accurately track labour hours and budget
- You are responsible for daily scheduling needs, and you apply the practices of our labour optimization philosophy when scheduling to support great educator and guest experience
- You support in the approval of vacation/LOA requests, and you process employee changes appropriately to ensure timely and accurate pay for your team
- You are fully accountable for and oversee the execution of all deliverables on the Assistant Store Manager 80.20 checklist, and you perform the role responsibilities of Educator and Key Leader as needed
- Under the direction of your Store Manager, you perform/complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
- You have a passion for customer service and delivering an exceptional experience for guests
- You integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working (aka you don’t take yourself too seriously)
- You acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- You communicate with honesty and kindness, and create the space for others to do the same
- You lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure
- You foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- 1-2 years management experience preferred
- All employees’ availability must reflect the needs of the business, which may change from time to time. The Store Manager determines the availability needs, and this schedule could include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends
- lululemon reserves the right to make amendments to the schedule and/ or availability requirements from time to time and at its sole discretion
- All employees are expected to be available to work “Black Friday” (the day after US Thanksgiving) and from the second week of December (the start of the second week in period 11) until the end of the holiday season, to be defined each year based in part on the time period guests are permitted to return holiday merchandise, on an annual basis
- High school diploma or GED preferred; completion of post-secondary education will be considered an asset
- Applicants are a minimum of 18 years of age
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
the finer print:
- Hours expectation: 40 hours per week (5 days)
- Status: non-exempt
- You are able and willing to travel by car and air as needed and at the discretion of your Store Manager
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.
What makes you great (External)
Job: Store Operations
Unposting Date: Ongoing