Join the Bonchon team and help bring amazing flavor to Grand Rapids! We specialize in our signature Korean Fried Chicken. We also serve a number of Asian Fusion dishes. The store has a modern and trendy look and upbeat atmosphere!
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager who would assist the General Manager in performing the duties and responsibilities to successfully operate the restaurant with focus on the following:
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Responsible for ordering food products according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel and maintain labor cost as appropriate.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
2 years of restaurant experience in a management or supervisory role is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34,000.00 to $38,000.00 /year
- restaurant supervisory or management: 2 years (Required)