Reports to:General Manager
Qualification Standard: Has shown a capacity and willingness to develop skills to be promoted into a management position. Solicits and requests constructive feedback.
Specific Functions and Duties:
Manages Restaurant Environment
- Ensures prompt, friendly service according to company guidelines.
- Directs overall activities of associates on a shift by shift basis.
- Breeds a culture using the Vision / Mission statement to guide Teamwork, Results, Integrity, Passion for Service, Fun, Balance, Innovation and being Guest Driven.
- Refers all verbal and written guest complaints to MP/EGM/GM.
- Ensures guest contact as a priority with self, utilizing a target goal of 100% table visitation.
- Enforces alcohol awareness on a shift to shift basis.
- Maintains adequate departmental inventory levels.
- Ensures product preparation and presentation uncompromisingly meeting company standards.
- Effectively schedules associates to meet sales demands.
- Maintains effective safety and security programs according to company policy and government standards.
- Corrects unsafe practices or conditions.
- Promotes and manages restaurant organization, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Advises MP/EGM/GM of any non routine situations.
- Communicates with other managers daily through management log and shift change meetings.
- Completes all other assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain Controls
- Responsible to control cost in assigned department.
- Maintains and controls the assets of the company.
- Assures the compliance with the local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Reports progress towards achieving restaurant performance objectives at management meetings.
- Complies with all cash handling procedures.
- Executes weekly food and liquor inventories/costs at the MP/EGM/GMs request and is accountable for completion.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting of accurate daily paperwork to the MP/EGM/GM.
- Manages profitability of shifts
- Assists in completing pre-shift work for oncoming manager
- Facilitates an atmosphere of inclusion and respect
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork from associates by breeding a culture derived from Applebees Mission / Vision.
- Is guest obsessed and promotes the team to be.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Completes all assignments and duties properly and on schedule.
- Develops goals and action plans for personal/professional growth.
- Provides a role model for managers and associates.
- Exhibits a professional image.
- Develops self on all store related technology.
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to four (10) hours in length. Must have good sense of balance, be able to bend and kneel and have the ability to lift frequently lift 25 pounds. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively.
Address: 516 Commerce Drive Bluefield, VA – 24605
Property Description: 0419-Bluefield, VA
Property Number: 0419