The Assistant Maintenance Technician Support the effective and efficient operation of the property by maintaining and repairing the property’s physical assets, including buildings, fixtures, and heating, air conditioning and hot water equipment in a cost-efficient manner.
- Completes assigned work orders relating to minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities in accordance with established procedures and standards and instructions from property management; complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Paint external and interior walls and trim as directed by property management.
- Clean and repair appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, and dishwashers; replace air conditioner filters.
- Clean, adjust, and perform minor repairs to swimming pools and auxiliary equipment.
- Identify major repair needs regarding lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment and report these to property management.
- Respond to resident inquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
- May assist with outside maintenance activities, such as snow and debris removal, mowing lawns, trimming shrubbery, and flower cultivation.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Working knowledge of at least two or more building trades such as maintain and repair HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment, painting, repair work, construction and renovation work.
- Thorough working knowledge of all company and property policies, procedures, and standards related to property maintenance.
- Sound working knowledge of applicable state and local laws, regulations, and codes pertaining to the repair and maintenance of applicable building structures.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and other written information directly related to the repair and maintenance of the property.
- Basic math skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Good written and verbal communication, customer service, conflict resolution, and organization skills.
- Ability to operate all department equipment safely.
- Good command of the English language; second language proficiency desirable
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to maintain customer focus
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to follow corporate and brand standards and procedures
Experience and Education Requirements:
- High School education or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in building maintenance.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
- Minimum training required per year as assigned by the company
- Any additional training required by manager
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, kneel, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift, push and pull products and supplies, up to 100 pounds.
- Ability and willingness to wear uniforms, protective clothing, including hair covers, gloves, aprons and safety shoes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions at the Company’s discretion and on a case-by-case basis.
- This job operates in a hotel environment. This role routinely uses standard maintenance equipment.
- Frequent exposure to paints, lubricants, pool chemicals, cleaning solutions, fumes and other chemicals.
- This position is full-time.
- Work days and work hours may vary and overtime may be required.
- On Call is required.
- Personal transportation required.
- This position works 50% indoors and 50% outdoors.
- 3 year(s): Building Maintenance experience
- High School Diploma / GED or better
- Technical/other training or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning & Organizing
- Customer Focus
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization