Works as an assistant to various building tradesman at Charlotte Douglas International Airport. Locating and repairing malfunctions in plumbing systems, electrical systems, HVAC systems, inspecting, servicing, testing, performing PM’s and repairing associated equipment. Perform other general maintenance work incidental to above duties, or necessary to keep buildings in working order.
Hours: 1st Shift: Monday through Friday, 7:00am – 3:30pm. Schedule subject to irregular hours, overtime and emergency calls back to work.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation, preventive maintenance, and repair of plumbing, electrical and HVAC equipment
- General building maintenance work, including manual labor, incidental to above duties or necessary to keep buildings in working order
- Perform preventive maintenance on underground sewer, drainage systems, lift stations and associated equipment
- Compile lists of equipment, tools and supplies needed
- Perform repairs to carpet, security doors and gates, passenger seating and overall appearance to the traveling public
- Inspect and repair building envelope such as, roofs, windows, doors, and gutters
- Operate cars, vans, lifts, bucket trucks and other heavy equipment
- Subject to emergency call back for equipment repairs and inclement weather
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Read and write sufficiently to complete related paperwork and read schematic designs and blueprints
- Working knowledge of other building trades and general building maintenance
- Represent the airport in a professional manner and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and tenants
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Valid driver’s license in state of residency
- Ability to obtain and maintain a City Driving Permit
- Certain convictions will disqualify individuals from unescorted access privileges and therefore exclude from employment
- Working knowledge of general building maintenance
- High School diploma/GED with one year of relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential job duties
- Commensurate with Experience
- The City of Charlotte provides a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
- The City of Charlotte is a drug and alcohol-free workplace
How to Apply:
If you need assistance completing your online application, you are welcome to visit the City of Charlotte Human Resources Department lobby where we have workstations available.
Our office is located at 700 East 4th Street, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28202. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), excluding official City holidays. Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to CityHrJobPostingsNotify@ci.charlotte.nc.us.
Conditions of Employment: The City’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test and physical examination. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments. The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.