Assistant Head of Lower School
Community School of Naples is currently requiring everyone to wear a face covering while indoors, maintain physical distance of 6 feet or greater, and practice enhanced hygiene; including frequent hand washing and sanitizing of surfaces. See our Community Enhancement Plan for more details about COVID-19 risk minimizing measures which apply to all persons on campus. https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1606941311/community/wggklneobatvhll6p0zo/CommunityEnhancementPlan_Aug3.pdf
Community School of Naples, an independent, college preparatory school, is currently seeking an Assistant Head of Lower School.
Reporting directly to the Head of Lower School, the ideal candidate should have experience in a school leadership role, preferably at the divisional level as well as experience with Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and student support in an educational setting.
The Assistant Head of Lower School supports student learning, working with both teachers and parents. She/he will be responsible for addressing concerns regarding students’ performance and will handle parent inquiries regarding academic matters and faculty action with reference to students.
The Assistant Head of Lower School meets with individual students and/or classroom instructors to answer academic questions, discuss problems or develop strategies for academic improvement as well as supports the needs of students with individualized learning plans.
The Assistant Head will consult frequently with the Head of Lower School on all matters general and specific enumerated above.
Additionally, the Assistant Head of Lower School is responsible for:
- Working with the Head of Lower School and teachers to recruit, hire, support, evaluate, and retain CSN Lower School faculty
- Partnering with the Head of Lower School to oversee curricular programs
- Handling issues of concern from individual parents
- Working with administration, faculty, staff, and families to provide a sense of community and common purpose
- Planning and facilitating meetings for faculty
- Overseeing the collection and distribution of grades and teacher/adviser comments.
- Assisting in planning Faculty Professional Days and other in-service opportunities
- Being a presence at major school functions and events
- Leading the LS in the absence of the Head of Lower School
- Working with the Head of Lower School and School Counselor to maintain/create a positive school environment and dealing with student behaviors as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Master’s preferred
- Advanced Degree in Educational Leadership
- 5+ years experience
Compensation and Benefits
This position is anticipated to start August 1, 2021. The appointment is a full-time, year round position that will be paid on an annual salary commensurate with experience, degree attainment and qualifications. All employees are eligible to participate in CSN’s generous 403(b) retirement program as well as Aflac and Legal Shield offerings. Full time employees are eligible for our competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, AD&D, and life insurance. Breakfast and lunch are provided free of charge on all school days. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please apply via our online application portal only, which allows for uploading of supporting documents. Please do not mail, fax, email, or drop off your resume/application. https://communityschoolnaples.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Please include a cover letter, teaching philosophy and references as well as instructions about contacting your current employer by attaching these documents to your application. If needed, cover letters and additional supporting documents may be emailed to [email protected]; they will be forwarded to the selection committee.
Community School of Naples is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Fingerprinting and background checks are a required part of CSN’s employment eligibility process.