TravelCenters of America LLC (TravelCenters), headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, offers diesel and gasoline fueling, restaurants, truck repair facilities, convenience stores and other services in 43 states and in Canada, principally under the TA®, Petro Stopping Centers® and TA Express travel center brand. For more information on TravelCenters, TA, TA Express and Petro Stopping Centers, please visit www.ta-petro.com.
The Store Assistant General Manager (AGM) provides the vital support to the Store General Manager in the leadership for the marketing and operations functions for the Travel Store, Convenience Store, Fuel Island, Maintenance, Other Income and at specific locations, Motel Profit Centers. This Includes the hiring/staffing, training, development and supervision of the staff to maximize the store’s profitability by building and maintaining a strong loyal, customer base within the company policies. The AGM is responsible for all store functions while managing the shifts. It is expected that the AGM will work in concert with the GM to build and maintain a strong dynamic store team by communicating clear vision and give direction on marketing, personnel, financial/P&L, operational, accounting and site appearance issues. Assures the profit center meets or exceeds its budgeted and is maintained to the company standards.
- Want to work for a company with a solid foundation and a forward thinking vision?
- Want a career opportunity with achievable advancement?
- Want a competitive base salary; plus a generous bonus program?
- Want to put your skills to work in a fast paced, highly rewarding environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Hands on management position
- Sales building and customer loyalty building
- Assist in Full P&L responsibilities of Store.Fuel Department
- Develop team atmosphere with employees
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ordering, inventory, scheduling, staffing
- Maintain safety of both our customers and employee
Qualifications and Skills
- Computer literate (experience with various POS systems a plus)
- Minimum 3yrs management experience in Truck Stop / Travel Center, Large Convenience store, Department store or grocery store.
- Willingness to work 50 hours per week.
- Work evenings, nights and overnight shifts.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Minimum Education: High School or GED
- Valid Drivers License
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Bonus Potential
- 401K W/Match
- Great training program
- Hotel discounts for family
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Terrific opportunities for advancement
- Relocation Assistance
- and much more!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- Retail Management: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)