ASST. EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for short and long-term planning, and day-to-day supervision and operations of the housekeeping and laundry department staff to assure cleanliness levels in all areas of the hotel.
- Exercise financial management within specified budget for the housekeeping and laundry departments to control expenses with a focus on increased productivity.
- Implement and adhere to inventory, supply, and cost controls by conducting monthly inventory of linen, supplies and equipment and ordering and controlling inventory disbursement of bedroom and bathroom linen and other supplies in accordance with company policy and ‘green initiatives’ within budget.
- Establish and/or implement operating procedures and standards for the housekeeping and laundry department.
- Implement new procedures and policies in adherence to brand and corporate policies and procedures.
- Monitor, evaluate and report effectiveness of these policies and procedures to the General Manager.
- Support the General Manager as needed for day-to-day activities as well as crisis situations.
- Compile accurate reports as to the status of guest rooms to guest services agents.
- Supervise all housekeeping and laundry personnel for proper hotel service coverage. Ensure all employees are present for shifts and staffing is sufficient at all times and approve time cards.
- Coordinate the proper schedules and activities of housekeeping and laundry supervisors and all line-level personnel in accordance with budget and time constraints.
- Review and approve vacation requests of subordinates.
- Train and develop housekeeping and laundry personnel on policies and government regulations to ensure efficient, safe operations of each department and to maintain an atmosphere of positive hospitality.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other department heads.
- Inspect property daily to monitor performance duties of cleaning and laundry personnel to ensure adherence to quality-of-service standards.
- Routinely perform all housekeeping duties necessary including making beds and also vacuuming and cleaning guest rooms to ensure guest satisfaction.
Primary Duties – continued
- Work with room attendants to ensure maid minutes are in line with company standards/budget.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Carry out special needs and requests of the guests, VIPs and repeat visitors.
- Assist with deep-cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high-volume periods.
- Maintain procedures for security of lost-and-found items, if so assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledge, skills and mental development equivalent to the completion of four years of high school. Two years of college preferred.
- Any training certificates for housekeeping and/or chemical usage is a plus.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in commercial housekeeping and laundry services is required.
- Experience in recruitment, training and management of team members required. Candidates with less than one year of experience in supervising the work of others will not be considered. (Any and all managerial experience will be considered.)
- Inventory management, distribution controls, and supply skills necessary.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions.
- Thorough knowledge of proper methods of cleaning rooms and laundering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper use and storage of cleaning chemicals and knowledge and familiarity with commercial cleaning devices, washers and dryers, and chemicals.
- Ability to create a concrete training program that will ensure the success of new and existing housekeepers and also create a positive atmosphere for success in the housekeeping and laundry departments for low Minutes Per Room (MPR) and payroll expenses.
- Ability to forecast weekly staff scheduling and manage payroll within the departmental budget.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership, management and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with guests, team members, and team members at all levels of the hotel staff, particularly the General Manager.
- Ability to walk and stand 5 to 6 hours or more each day while inspecting rooms.
- Ability to perform all duties of a Housekeeper.
Job Type: Full-time
- Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly