EDUCATION: High School Diploma required. Completed apprenticeship or industry professional designation preferred.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: 5 years of hotel engineering experience preferred in a similar caliber and size resort/hotel setting. Work with the Engineering staff and coordinate their activities. Assume the full responsibility for the Engineering Department in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Working knowledge of at least two separate skilled trades at the journeyman level and be able to understand complex issues; have the decision making capacity to handle diverse building systems.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Director of Engineering and to assist the Director of Engineering Services in the operational aspect of the Engineering Department. Assists Manager and acts in Manager’s absence to oversee the functionality and safety of the facility, including the physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems and life safety systems in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations. Responds and coordinates responses to guest calls and emergency situations. Assigns work, supervises staff and verifies the completion of all routine maintenance and repairs. Directs outside contractors, communicates with city officials and inspects quality of work by staff. Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates staff.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES: Must be able to drive a company vehicle; must be able to lift, carry and move 50 pounds; must be able to work in all environments including outside and confined spaces, both hot and cold for prolonged periods that can include difficult positions to get to equipment, access to roofs and crawl spaces; must be able to work with your hands.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends, holidays, and split shifts as needed.
- Be a leader by example with your consistent habits, grooming, attire and punctuality.
- Attend all required meetings, training, safety courses, chair monthly department meetings.
- In the absence of the Director, the Assistant Director will be responsible for Engineering.
- The Assistant Director will respond to emergencies, 24/7, and take appropriate actions to protect the safety and security of people and protect the assets of the Club.
- Partner with the Director setting goals, tasks and priorities to maintain the highest levels of guest satisfaction, building appearance and function.
- Make recommendations to the Director regarding all policies, schedules, pay rates, training, financial performance and energy conservation.
- Collaborate with the Director to develop capital and operational budgets, and be responsible for financial results.
- Responsible for effective planning, scheduling, and the work flow in the department; develop systems to track, analyze and improve operations.
- Operational control and responsibility for all preventive maintenance, planning, completion and reporting.
- Accountable for the physical plant, ancillary equipment, interior and exterior spaces.
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors; scheduling, maintain work standards, minimize guest contact and confirm specifications, department policies and procedures are followed.
- Communication with Engineering Supervisors, Engineering Coordinator, and Engineers is paramount to create awareness of business objectives, express expectations, and recognize performance.
- Make daily physical inspections of all buildings to confirm the standards and policies are being implemented. Weekly reporting to the Director with the results of your inspections.
- Hold staff line-up meetings to review status of work, dissemination of customer activities information, reinforce the daily standard and review the work plan for the day.
- Help troubleshoot maintenance equipment as needed to expedite repair, help train, and gain first hand knowledge of equipment and its condition.
- Monitors the timeliness of work completion, develop plans to raise productivity, and performance.
- Track and manage approved engineering projects; weekly reporting.
- Involvement in major construction, building projects and renovations.
- Take personal responsibility for problems encountered on the complex – your are empowered to resolve issues.
- Oversight of the administration of the department; purchasing, purchase orders, inventory, invoices, reporting, communicating with other departments; maintaining minimum levels are repair parts for timely repairs.
- Using the team approach, develop skills in others through mentoring and training.
- Assists in interviewing and hiring team members; participates in performance appraisals.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Maintain high safety standards, by training and working close with engineers.
- Manage, instruct and maintain personnel technical capabilities as plumbers, mechanics, carpenters, painters, electricians, HVAC, refrigeration mechanics and others needed to maintain facilities.
- Enforce standards of exterior appearance and courtesy, in all guest contact situations.
- Work with other departments to coordinate, perform tasks required to keep the complex in proper condition for are associates and guests.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Perform and follow up on any other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering and the General Manager.
Benefits: Vacation/Sick Days/Holidays/401(k)/Medical/Dental/Vision
Drug Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)