POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Buyer assists the Merchandising Team with onboarding of PMall products on Bed, Bath & Beyond and BuyBuyBaby websites, along with daily follow-up on product status and any other Merchandising projects, as needed. They organize all the vendor information, including Vendor Agreements, catalogs, price lists, etc… They assist with product maintenance on the website as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Onboarding of PMall products on the Bed, Bath & Beyond and BuyBuyBaby websites. Monitoring the status of all PMall merchandise on these sites, to ensure accuracy with images, pricing, personalization, etc.
- Entering new product sample orders as needed
- Coordinating photo samples – creating photography instruction sheets, as well as sending instructions and samples to photography
- Weekly reports on top search terms on website; distributed to buyers on Friday
- New vendor files/catalogs/price lists – file maintenance
- Secret shopper of D/S orders with applicable follow-up
- Submitting yearly Vendor Agreements for signature, with follow-up as needed
- Adding products/components, dept. assignment, copy, cross-sells, keywords, as needed
- Competitive research of other websites/catalogs that carry similar product, to study trends in products, pricing, presentation, etc… Ordering competitive samples, as needed